Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New teknetics detectors!

Not sure.. someone should be testing some of them before too long

They look kinda familiar. Patriot looks like and F70.

The screen looks the same as the F70. It's amazing to me that the detector manufacturers are not tripping over themselves to get machines like this into the water. They let Garrett continue year after year to dominate that interest with the AT machines.

Dan

If the Patriot is indeed an F70 in disguise, at that price I want one.

Liberator could be a digitized F5 with push buttons instead of knobs?

dan b said:
I think it's a Land Ranger Pro.
I think so too. The minuteman looks like a eurotek.

Does look like a EuroTek, pricing seems a little high tho for that one. Maybe it has more under the hood?

What's the point of repackaging legacy Bounty Hunters and Fishers as Teknetics machines? :confused:

When are truly new and innovative machines coming from First Texas, not just the same old, same old with a new paint job?

CC,

Might be a good idea to wait and see how this will work. There has to be a good reason to take one proven detector from each of First Texas' three brands, Teknetics, Bounty Hunter and Fisher - and cut the prices - while spending a bundle on launching a new brand to market them under. These folks know a thing or two about the detector market - there must be a good reason for it. It should be interesting to see what they are really doing here.

Details are bound to emerge soon. Meanwhile we can all speculate to our hearts content.

As far as new machines, they announced a year and a half ago that they would launch two totally new platforms. These were expected last year, but haven't appeared yet. I'm quite sure that they aren't just waiting for the "right moment" to launch them. Things don't work that way. After spending many millions developing a new machine it would be truly stupid to just sit on them while having to lower prices on existing lines.

Cal_Cobra said:
What's the point of repackaging legacy Bounty Hunters and Fishers as Teknetics machines? :confused:

When are truly new and innovative machines coming from First Texas, not just the same old, same old with a new paint job?

Seems hard to complain about a F70 with a rad new look and 11DD coil for $200 less...not so sure I need a "point" to be made.

Obviously this is not the T3 or F80 (not the real name)...those are coming still as they said they would. After recent releases and delays by other companies - I think they are staying hush hush until their atomic bomb is perfected. That is my assumption only.

Teknetics has said these are "proven technology" (thus not the T3 or F80) and it is a price to performance revolution. Seems that is exactly what is going on with a $200 MSRP drop.

I have the Liberator and MinuteMan in my possession and can say they look friggin awesome up close. They are going to sell like crazy to all the "Murica" types. Genius and shrewd marketing IMO.

Apart from the OP's small picture, are there any specs on these machines so we can definitely know if they are existing detectors with a new name or "enhanced" existing detectors ?

Teknetics Patriot:
13 kHz
Frequency Shift
All Metal Auto-Tune Mode
0-99 Target-ID (VDI)
Target-ID Confidence Bar
Ground Balance to Salt
Push-button Static Pinpoint
Speed Selection
Non-Voltative Memory (Saves Settings)

nicked from elsewhere so how true it is??

AJ

teknetics-patriot-1.jpg

amberjack said:
Teknetics Patriot:
13 kHz
Frequency Shift
All Metal Auto-Tune Mode
0-99 Target-ID (VDI)
Target-ID Confidence Bar
Ground Balance to Salt
Push-button Static Pinpoint
Speed Selection
Non-Voltative Memory (Saves Settings)

nicked from elsewhere so how true it is??

AJ

teknetics-patriot-1.jpg

That is 100% true. Those are the specs...that is the look.

Teknetics has replied on their official Facebook page when asked it is a F70....

Very much, but the Patriot has gone through a price revolution and is now $200.00 less than the F-70! Along with a free affirmation of your patriotism.

So $449 MSRP...and assuming there will be some sort of deals going on...perhaps $400 for a F70...with 11DD...and new graphics.

Hell of a deal.

We all get frustrated with repackaging.
But in the case, An F70 repackaged as a new Teknetics is awesome and a steal for 200.00 less than an F70.
I am in the Boston area so yeah, the PATRIOT will be a hit in PATRIOT land.
HH

A $200 MSRP drop on the Patriot...a $100 MSRP drop on the Liberator.

Somebody can feel free to paint my house or car...rename it...and then lower my payments on it. By all means!

People with tighter wallets...or those just getting into the hobby stateside...these will fit nicely.

Been having a ton of fun hunting with them....even if they are "rebranded". They look awesome and more than once I have had to go over an area because I was too busy gawking at the faceplate.