Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Teknetics machines!

Mark in NC

Surprised no one has posted these yet...

From the Tek Facebook page:

Digitek
[attachment 306831 digitek.jpg]

G2+
[attachment 306832 g2plus.jpg]
[attachment 306834 g2plus2.jpg]

Hey Mark thanks for posting these. Where can we find info on them ? I tried the web and Tek site no mention of them.

It's on their Facebook page. They have them newly revealed at a show they're working this weekend and put these photos up.

These machines along with the Fisher F11, F22, and F44 where mentioned in another forum in June. People dismissed it as rumors. Well get this, there was also mention of a second generation T2 that is waterproof.
I now think it is true. I can't link competition forums in here so do a google search for the F44 and you should find the post where the waterproof T2 is discussed.

n/t

Those new detectors have those horrible old style 'S' shaped shafts,not very exciting from the looks of them,of course looks are not everything but they dont give you that i must be 'seen' with one of these detectors feeling.Cannot see them launching a new T2 replacment just after offering the latest software update.

digsgti said:
Looks like the F19 with the 11 inch coil instead of the 10 inch. Hodge podge of parts.
Smoke look at the handle.

The G2+ has the pistol Grip that has a much better feel than the S-Grip. In green camo it looks very cool.

Andy

Finaly a great detector for the kids will be available soon. Priced right it will be a winner. Smart move Teknetics!

Andy

Why a pink one? Why?

a certain percentage of females who find a camo look appealing, and like the female gender hint to the camo finish.

I know there are not nearly as many females involved in the metal detecting hobby as there are males, but I will say I am pleased that there are. I have a lot of metal detecting friends, but if I was to weed through them and sort out those who have proven to be more devoted to detecting, more enthusiastic about working good sites, and share an equal enjoyment and level of excitement when others make a good find and not just them, it is a higher percentage of gals than guys.

Quite often I have found guys to be more 'competitive' than gals, and bigger braggers who want to always boast about their finds and even go to the extent of belittling others. All of them? No, but a bigger percentage of guys do it than gals. And not all guys like to wear camo clothing or use a camo finished detector, but some do. I like a good looking camo detector, and I know some females who also like them. A couple of them like the standard green camo but the others find the pink camo more fashionable. One gal thinks of it as a breast cancer awareness edition camo. To each their own, but those are some reasons why they offer 'pink' camo detectors.

Monte

I am seeing a lot of family's getting involved in this hobby. With the green and pink camo it's going to sell. This hobby is taking off. But I see a big problem with people that don't care and walk always with holes lift open. This hobby is great and a lot of people are finding out is great. GS

almost Fisher F19 in that the G[sup]2[/sup]+ has some of the newer features, but it is in the standard G[sup]2[/sup] housing and not the display housing like the F-19. It is on the familiar G[sup]2[/sup] and Omega rod system that uses the stand-up grip as found on the T2, and the G[sup]2[/sup] /G[sup]2[/sup]+ and Omega housings mount differently than the housings used on the 'S' rod Fisher and Teknetics models.

From the literature the new G[sup]2[/sup]+ seems to have the F19's features, so I do hope it has the improved circuitry that lets it handle dense iron better than the G[sup]2[/sup]/Gold Bug Pro models. I liked how the improved Fisher F19 performs, but I personally prefer the Omega/G[sup]2[/sup]+ rod and grip design.

Gone is the mini-jack, and new is the ¼" headphone jack plug for those who don't use headphones. They show the new G[sup]2[/sup]+ as available in all three packages, to include the 'standard' Black Housing & Coil w/Silver Rod, or the Green Camo Coil/Rod/Housing or Pink Camo Coil/Rod/Housing.

I like the standard Green Camo, and I like the 5X10 camo coil on the Fisher F19. I wonder if they will offer that as a Teknetics accessory, and if they will also offer a 5" DD Camo coil for the Fisher/Teknetics models. My white 5" DD will do okay but just won't be 'fashionable' in some circles. :rofl:

Monte

almost ?? Fisher F19 in that the G2+ has some of the newer features ?? you talking about cosmetics or operating features Monte ??

flyer sounds the same as the F19 in operational features.

looks like I will be going non camo so my other coils don't stand out like a sore coil :yikes:

good to know what coil the G2+ is coming out with so I know which one to sell the GBP with.

just have to have this machine if its the same guts wise as the F19 ????? going on the GBP and G2 it will but is that the truth??

if its better than the GBP and G2 I will be most happy :clapping:

can't believe there is not more excitement :poke:

AJ

amberjack said:
almost ?? Fisher F19 in that the G2+ has some of the newer features ?? you talking about cosmetics or operating features Monte ??
Naturally we will have to have one in our hands to make sure, but it 'appears' to have the same circuitry/operating features. The Cosmetics are different because the F19 is in a different control housing and the G2+ is in the same G2 housing, minus the min-jack and with a ¼" headphone jack plug. Also the difference in cosmetics form the F19's 'S' rod to the G2/Omega rod w/stand-up grip. So it gets to be a matter of personal preference. I happen to like the Omega so the G2, and now G2+, will be a more welcome configuration for me.

amberjack said:
flyer sounds the same as the F19 in operational features.
Yes, they look very similar. I don't know if the G2+ has the F19's red back-light or a white back-light.

amberjack said:
looks like I will be going non camo so my other coils don't stand out like a sore coil :yikes:
Another matter of personal preference, but it does signal that they are bringing out the 'standard' look and the camo and pink camo all at the same time.

amberjack said:
good to know what coil the G2+ is coming out with so I know which one to sell the GBP with.
And there's the other cosmetic difference, and personally I would prefer the 5X10 DD from an F19 over the 7½X11++ DD coil for relic and Coin/Jewelry Hunting.

amberjack said:
just have to have this machine if its the same guts wise as the F19 ????? going on the GBP and G2 it will but is that the truth??

if its better than the GBP and G2 I will be most happy :clapping:
If it is basically the F19 'guts' in circuitry, then it will be an improvement as I found the F19 to work much better in a dense iron application than the Gold Bug Pro or G2.

amberjack said:
can't believe there is not more excitement :poke:

AJ
I think some people used a GBP or G2 in the past, didn't like them, and feel the F19 and new G2+ are essentially the same detector. Well, they basically are but improved performance in a dense iron littered site, and they have some useful new features, such as adjusting the Iron Audio to a lower volume. So if folks didn't/don't like the GBP/G2, they might be reluctant to investigate this newer but similar-looking Tek. G2+.

Monte