Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Time Ranger Pro on the way...

IowaRelic

Really have made great finds the past year with a gold bug pro. My in laws have a few old homesites on their property, so I got my father in law a TRP, a Cors shrew 6x3.5 dd, and a Fisher F Pulse. Looking forward to testing against the gold bug to see what’s changed in latest machines.

Really spooky! Just emailed my dealer about buying a Time Ranger Pro. Had over 15 F.T. products but never a B.H. The kicker is I will probably sell my Gold Bug Pro.
If I were to keep the TRP for myself, then I would sell the GBP. But I’m only going to have a short time with it before shipping it north to Iowa. So the GoldBug remains on EMI suppression duty. I really only use it to hunt a battle site with large power lines. It can get the stuff other detectors can’t. Even highest of the high end hobby detectors can’t perform here. FT 19khz platform will run full gain with some sizzle but not bad at all. A 12” bullet will punch through the noise well enough.

The TRP is in. I will do some tests and report back. “Joseph in Alabama” and I are going to do some back and forth testing of the F19, the TRP, and the Gold Bug Pro. Covers all but the G2. We shall see if they’ve made any changes. Tests between the F19 and TRP will be interesting. Did they take any juice from the TRP? Did they add some? I’m ready to know....

The TRP is in. I will do some tests and report back. “Joseph in Alabama” and I are going to do some back and forth testing of the F19, the TRP, and the Gold Bug Pro. Covers all but the G2. We shall see if they’ve made any changes. Tests between the F19 and TRP will be interesting. Did they take any juice from the TRP? Did they add some? I’m ready to know....
Keep us posted!

I did take a minute to un box and assemble the machine. This is the first machine that I’ve had the 11x7 biaxial besides the T2. The machine is super light with that coil. It would be a joy to swing all day.

I did run it through the test bed. It performed about as I expected with that size coil. It gets an 8” quarter with solid 87-88 and nice repeatable audio. Pretty quiet on the report. A 10” quarter would require headphones for sure. An 8” dime, not happening in disc mode. It will get it in all metal, and it sounds sweet. It won’t touch a 12” minie ball or my 11” silver dime. I plan to video it in the garden soon. along with some air testing.

I also did a little separation test. I placed a zinc penny on my back deck between all the screw heads. It will grab the penny from all angles but of course the ID is skewed on a down the barrel approach. The iron audio function is great. It has a lot more levels of adjustment than say the T2.

Immediately I notice a less quality lower shaft. It’s more flimsy than any of my other machines and it has a slight bend to it that keeps the coil off center from the control housing. THIS IS A HUGE NO NO FOR ME. That is such a detecting pet peeve of mine, a machine that’s not aligned. It’s also got a cheaper foam grip than the Tek or fisher stuff. The cam locks, share the same appearance as all FT machines, do lock tightly and feel similar to other models. The arm cup is the same as Greek series and s-rod fishers.

But this is packing all the performance and goodies of the G2 and F19 for 50 bucks less than a G2. The date on this machine is 6/2020.
I will do some more cohesive testing soon.

I should add the the built in red coil cover is fantastic. Makes that coil just a shade lighter than others. It’s enough I can tell when held with the T2 coil.

I want to make note, I was contacted by bounty hunter and they are willing to go above and beyond to fix the issue with the lower shaft on the TRP without me even asking. Now that’s cool. Thanks BH!

Have you tested it against the older F19 or G2 ? Any performance difference of note ? I expect not but you never know. I bought a recent G2+ (03/2020) and so far I did not notice anything different vs my F19 LTD from 2014. Thanks !

I just replied in your thread about the F19 and G2. I have tested the TRP against the GBP (2015 model) and it’s identical performance in every way as far as I can tell.
Hoping Joseph in Alabama will chime in with some test results from his late 2019 model F19. He’s posted about it being hotter than others.

I was hoping my newer G2+ would be hotter than my 2014 F19 but I don't think it is. One of these days I'll have to do a test garden.