Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New to detecting and this is my first find.

Littledetectorist

I found this with my Minelab Equinox 800 near an old civil war era church. It was deep in the soil to the point I almost gave up, I looked over at my husband and said I just can't seem to pin point it...then all of a sudden I looked down and there was the corner sticking out of the soil!! I was excited to see no damage was done from the novice plug I dug... Lol I think it's possibly a sash buckle but not sure.... it's gold plated and appears to be hand engraved. Does anyone here know what this find is?

Attachments

• IMG_20210302_222513.jpg
    IMG_20210302_222513.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 160
Fantastic find!!!

Aw c’mon guys, gotta mess with the newbie a little....... I was going to suggest it was a switch plate for an oil lamp!!!!
If you get online and check Victorian Sash Belt Buckles you might lucky and find it or close to it. Beautiful find!!!

I found this with my Minelab Equinox 800 near an old civil war era church. It was deep in the soil to the point I almost gave up, I looked over at my husband and said I just can't seem to pin point it...then all of a sudden I looked down and there was the corner sticking out of the soil!! I was excited to see no damage was done from the novice plug I dug... Lol I think it's possibly a sash buckle but not sure.... it's gold plated and appears to be hand engraved. Does anyone here know what this find is?
cool find!

Nice first dig and great choice on your machine! Have to agree on it being a sash buckle.

Kelly, welcome to the forum and a pretty interesting hobby. Its kept my interesting, anyway, for near 5 decades.

That piece you found is neat and looks to have some age to it. I suggest giving the spot a couple or so more outings and chances to give up some more goodies. Anyway, good luck and have fun. Fun is what it is all about. HH Jim tn

Aw c’mon guys, gotta mess with the newbie a little....... I was going to suggest it was a switch plate for an oil lamp!!!!
If you get online and check Victorian Sash Belt Buckles you might lucky and find it or close to it. Beautiful find!!!
too funny!