Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

new to etrac

Illinoismic

So I got the etrac today. Took it out in the soup we call dirt here right now. 2 inches of soup then two inches of ice and then regular dirt but anyway.... I'm amazed at how much noise this machine makes.... it's insane.... my brain is mush after just 1.5 hours lol. It will get easier I know but DAMNNNNNNN...

LMAO...yeah, they do talk some times!!!!! Lower your sensitivity a bit or just run in auto until you get used to the "music".........

This is the exact reason experienced users here tell eTRAC newbies to use factory settings and ignore some of the 'experienced threads' here the first few times out.
If you're searching a trashy area with pull tabs for example, what helped me the first couple times out is to discriminate out aluminum in the stock coin pattern.
That should quiet it down substantially.

The average kid cannot go from 1st grade to a Senior in hi school overnight.

you mean LOUD....as in decibles...????? If so......read your manual. I can't remember which but in you audio menu there is a way to lower the volume. Had to do that myself in the beginning..........

Lol no I meant it makes alot of noise... but yes the volume was high also... two meanings one word lol I should have clarified :) I work 3rd shift and that post was at like noon lol my brain not work good.....

Some of the folks I hunt with have tried the etrac and just flat out can't stand the "tunes". They were a total surprise for me coming from a White's calliope but I used the stock program in a not so trashy spot for a few days and dug a hundred or so targets and then started to click with it. I still prefer it to the CTX. I think it's essential to have a volume control on your headphones , even if it's an after market in line type. There are really three controls that modify the volume of what you hear , threshold level , volume limit and volume gain , and the manual does a poor job of explaining their functions. I was surprised at how low they have to be adjusted to make a significant changes in volumes. Different locations may require volume changes because of the ambient noise level and it's kind of a pain to do it with the machine instead of the headphones. Works best for me to get them comfortable and then vary them all together with the headphone control.