Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New to me CTX 3030 exchange2 problem

dbowling

disregard got it working had to do everything anually and shut off my antivirus.

went to load exchange 2 onto my computer and somehow my antivirus thought it was a trojan virus and when I tried to get out of the antivirus screen I must of clicked something that let it get rid of it now says CD is blank.. is there anyplace I can download this from or get another exchange2 CD, Minelab webpage has nothing?

Last edited:
I tried that originally but when you follow link it will just send you to dealers that sell the CTX didnt say anything about the CD or download.. got mine working but my antivirus things the exe.file is a trojan and wanted to remove it. I took CD out of drive and it stopped.
just curious since I just bought a new CTX3030 last month after selling my Nox 800. Did you buy a CTX3030? If so what did you have before or are you new to metal detecting and what type of hunting do you do?

I tried that originally but when you follow link it will just send you to dealers that sell the CTX didnt say anything about the CD or download.. got mine working but my antivirus things the exe.file is a trojan and wanted to remove it. I took CD out of drive and it stopped.
that is odd, but not surprising about the anti-virus. I use Avast and it seems to think the xchange2 .exe is ok and it is pretty tough on finding the bad things. glad you got it worked out.

what did you use before the CTX3030? what type of hunting do you do?

mostly coin hunt parks, fairgrounds etc. just started back this last summer after about 25 yrs.. Ive got a Minelab 800, 2 Tesoros, 4 Teknetic machines and the CTX 3030 now.. I really like the G2+ and the Teknetics Omega 8000 for just plain coin shooting..
Took the CTX out today for a couple hrs but ground was froze so hard bruised arch of my foot trying to dig down in it, did find a couple quarters a dime and 4 pennies.. Had to pass up a few cause couldn't put a dent in ground.

that is odd, but not surprising about the anti-virus. I use Avast and it seems to think the xchange2 .exe is ok and it is pretty tough on finding the bad things. glad you got it worked out.

what did you use before the CTX3030? what type of hunting do you do?

Lucky in Atlanta, ground rarely freezes unless we get 1-2 weeks of below freezing weather. Still learning to use the CTX. Went hunting yesterday at a park in urban Atlanta. Things didn't work out too good. Just found 3 cable TV connectors in 3 different areas in the park that all rang us a solid 47. No bullets what so ever. ask some other relic hunters using the CTX and they told me the settings for bullets. I had a few wrong. Nice thing about buying a CTX lots of forum members with lots of actual experience. When I was first using my 800 in March 2018, only a few people had them and I didn't have much of a clue. I tried to used all the different settings by adjusting them. Wrong! probably half the time I was using a detuned 800. should have stayed in park or field standard settings.

yeah with the 800 best to use factory settings till you get enough experience, Ive still only got maybe 40 hrs on mine it hurts my wrist when using it even though I have the Steves carbon fiber rods on it just feels unbalanced with 11 in coil feels good with he 6 in though. The CTX actually feels alot better to swing due to its balance with 11 in coil.