Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New to metal detecting

I all! I am new to your forum. I have purchase a new Garret Pro 350 last month because I need a new hobby. I am disabled and need the exercise. I have been using my Garret 350 for several hours now with the new Garret pin pointer. They work great! Never knew I and my neighbor had so much junk in our yards. There is one thing that I have found with my detector that I bet no one has ever found. I found a septics tank! I had 3 (one caved in years ago and changed to a septic lift station) but I have found a new one! What is in the cement, other than re-rod that causes these detectors ring! I have also started a rusty nail collection! My detector has also found a thin rusted paperclip! Boy that is sensitive and it was 3 inches deep!

One thing I am having trouble with that maybe you all can help me with. Under my front lawn is gravel filled with old clinkers ( the iron residue or poor quality coal used during the depression. You see my house use to be a gas station back in the 20's.)

All this is not a complete loss. I found 2 wheat pennies and 2 memorial pennies. They are 1956 and 1941.

Like to hear from any of you. I can take all the advice I cam get.

From NWIowa
Dave

welcome to the forum dr 4... I started out with a garrett gta-1000 some 20 odd years ago....I started the same way as yourself- friends and relatives backyards...in my opinion backyards are about the best places to learn for a beginner its also a great place to hone ones digging and grass repair skills prior to venturing out on to public property ...... keep doing what you are doing and find some detecting videos to watch and you will learn a lot faster... happy hunting....

Well, Welcome from Indiana. Go to some near by parks and see what you will find. I bet you will have a lot of fun their. Just take your time. Try to be neat and clean with your plugs... KEN

Welcome to the forum. :detecting: Those are some pretty sweet finds for just starting. I think I went for 3 months when I first started before finding a wheatie. :minelab: