Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New to Minelab Equinox

Which Nox did you get?
What type of hunting will you be doing? Beach, Park, Schools, Competition, Relic, Ghost Towns ?
Is this your first detector?
Past Experience?

Help us help you.

This is what works for me for general hunting :
Park 1
Iron volume 1
The rest of the tone volumes set at 25
Recovery speed 5
Iron bias F2 at 7
Sensitivity : start about 20 and go up or down depending on the feed back you get.
Leave ground balance alone for now if possible.
Dig only good solid signals to start with, then dig iffy signals latter once you know the machine. Or dig iffy signals now if you don't mind digging iron.
If you don't know how to change settings there are plenty of youtube videos that will help.
It's a really good machine except for the shaft and a lot of control boxes leaking when put under water.

I did forget to mention those settings are for the 800.

I'd say depending on where in the country you are settings are all different! I live in the north east in Connecticut and use either park 1 or 2 on the 800 or field 1 &2. Iron bias 0-1, sensitivity anywhere from 19 and up(depending on site) 50 tones, recovery 4-5(depending on site). Play around with the machine and see how things sound and how different settings will be an asset. Any day getting fresh air and digging lord knows what is the thrill for me!! Hope you have fun with you're new machine.

The most important thing is to practice hunting the same types of things in the same soil (or water) you are hunting for. Do this at the default settings, even if in your back yard this will give you a solid foundation before you start changing settings. You cannot shortcut time on this machine. It is very sensitive and the new update is even more sensitive. Try to only change one or two things at once, read about them, ask others, master it. Then make it your own custom settings best for you, your soil and what you are seeking. Make it fun, not work learning and it will pay off. Good luck.