Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New to the CTX3030 and it is paying off

pulltabfelix

I have been hunting this particular area for six years, 3 with the AT Pro and 3 with Nox 800.

It is an old home site dating back before the civil war.

Went out yesterday and got a squeaker of a signal that was 01-28. So just out of curiosity I dug it. Found the old metal stirrup, iron stove piece, broken bottle top and a brass reign guide.
This was all out of the same hole. I had FE discrimmed out above 19 so the brass was really being masked pretty good by the heavy iron. But the CTX gave a good sounding peep. Never would have found the nice stirrup had it not been for the abilities of the CTX.
Loving it more and more every day. So different from the Nox 800 in a good way. And yes, I have hunted that exact same spot many times with the AT Pro and the Nox 800 and the heavy iron hid the brass item on both machines.

Attachments

• stirrupstovesmall.jpg
    stirrupstovesmall.jpg
    371.1 KB · Views: 198
Just bought the CTX3030 with the 17” coil a week ago. I buried a gold ring and a silver coin in the backyard, but there’s too much interference (Chatter)to hear the difference. I had the Whites V3I before it didnt have so much chatter. I tried with every setting and sensitivity. I’m going out tomorrow for my first time hoping the chatter isn’t there. Pretty excited…

try the manual noise cancel. If that fails then take the CTX3030 away from your home to a park and bury the two items and try there. Make sure your coil connections are finger tight.

I have been hunting this particular area for six years, 3 with the AT Pro and 3 with Nox 800.

It is an old home site dating back before the civil war.

Went out yesterday and got a squeaker of a signal that was 01-28. So just out of curiosity I dug it. Found the old metal stirrup, iron stove piece, broken bottle top and a brass reign guide.
This was all out of the same hole. I had FE discrimmed out above 19 so the brass was really being masked pretty good by the heavy iron. But the CTX gave a good sounding peep. Never would have found the nice stirrup had it not been for the abilities of the CTX.
Loving it more and more every day. So different from the Nox 800 in a good way. And yes, I have hunted that exact same spot many times with the AT Pro and the Nox 800 and the heavy iron hid the brass item on both machines.
That’s great. I’ve been looking to upgrade my AT Pro and the CTX3030 is tops on my list.

Just bought the CTX3030 with the 17” coil a week ago. I buried a gold ring and a silver coin in the backyard, but there’s too much interference (Chatter)to hear the difference. I had the Whites V3I before it didn't have so much chatter. I tried with every setting and sensitivity. I’m going out tomorrow for my first time hoping the chatter isn’t there. Pretty excited…
Did you noise cancel and ground balance? They are 2 separate functions.

Here is a video I did in my living room at manual 20 sensitivity. I started a ytube channel because I'm tired of all the miss information on the net about the ctx. Once it warms up, I'll be doing more videos.