Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New to the Equinox

StephenA

I have not detected in years and the last detector I had was a CZ 70 Pro. I ordered an Equinox 800 yesterday after reading about them on this and other forums. The age old question is can I turn it on and go with success in the factory preset modes? Thank you all in advance and any quick start tips will be appreciated. I will be hunting in a local park to begin this learning process.

Yes. When you first turn it on it will default to Park 1 which is a good coinshooting setting. The button to the far left, picture of a coil, will allow you to switch between the hunting modes. Press it once and it will go to Park 2 which is more open and better for gold. You will see the mode you're in at the bottom of the screen.

I have about 100 hrs on mine. And it’s ready to hunt out of the box. You can tweek it to your soil and target types as you get familiar with it. It’s easy to reset to factory settings. One thing I wish I knew is you will need a charger with at least two USB ports rated at 5 amps. A computer works but a designated charger worked better for me.

I settled on park2 works well for me have some great finds to