Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New to the f75 & have a few questions

NH Bob

Hi guys,
Some of you might know me and probably most of you don't. I bought a new f75 and it came yesterday. Some say they are cheaply made but seem pretty solid to me. I've had a T2 before and never really gave it a chance as I have for the most part been a Minelab man. Also love my Shadow X5.
My question is in getting the most stability, depth and accurate ID. I've always been one to hunt in all metal with multi tones or 4 tones. Reading the manual is a little confusing as they don't really discuss the settings very well. It's almost like you're supposed to read between the lines.
I would lve to set up my f75 to hunt in 2 tones and still be stable and give me the most out of my machine. Here is where I need a few pointers. I'm sure you've been pounded with these same questions many times like most forums. But if a few of you could run some of your better setting by me it would be a great help in getting the most out of my machine. I am a coin/relic hunter in the Northeast and my SE has gotten way to heavy for these old bones.
So if you have a minute and would like to share your settings it would be greatly appreciated. I am not new to detecting but am looking for a little advanced knowledge from some long time users.
Thank you
NH Bob

I hunt coins and set mine up with sen. about 80 , disc. 20, notch 1, tone 4, mode DE. But they say to get the most depth use 2 tone and disc. of 4 and JE mode. Hope this helps.

Hey Guys,

Don't forget that there is a search function on this forum. You can get a lot of opinions and ideas by reading the threads that asked these questions before you did.
I go back and reread them if I encounter a certain problem or think about a certain spot I want to try. The ones that explain it the best, I print off and keep in a MD file.
Hope this helps.

HH, Don

Although you aren't new to detecting, I would suggest you run in fairly tame for a while, just to get a good feel for all it is saying and can do. Settings of disc. 6, sen. 60-70, tones of your choice and de process (no notch) will still get you excellent depth. For coinshooting, I run settings of disc. 0, sen. 90+, 3 and 4h tones and de process...and je process if the site isn't overly trashy. Good luck, you have one great detector. HH jim tn

I think I'm a step ahead of the info you've all shared with me. Thank you for your time. I'm sure I'll love this machine and wish you all the best this summer.
Bob

n/t

Excellent video, thanks Daniel!

Thought it was interesting on the first target that he said it was 5" deep when the ID said 9".

The F75 is one amazing deep arse machine for sure, but as TVR said so well, it's depth readings are definitely "optimistic." I usually find my coin targets around 2" less than what the TDI reads.

Some don't take into account the distance off the ground the coil is when checking target depth.

I'm not saying that all F75's do this, but...

My F75 LTD, even pushed flush against the ground, will exaggerate ID at least 1" on coins. And it's usually about 2" optimistic. And that's with the coil pushed hard up against the ground.

Explorers have a gage, X-Terras have a gage, Ace 250 has a gage. Most detectors have a gage. This wouldn't be an issue if F75 had a gage. Too many variables.

Je, jewelry mode, is more sensitive to small gold and all targets in general. To much so, in heavy trash. (for me, anyway) I use the je mode quite often when relic hunting and on spots like soccer and football fields that usually have less trash. HH jim tn

Thanks Jim. So being more sensitive makes for a more noisy machine. Pf must tame it down some so you don't get that false signal swinging over a rut or furrow.

First , Fast Grab to ground balance,,......... Then try it on....... Disc 0,..... Sens... as high as you can comfortably put up with 80-90+...Tone 1.. Process De or PF,, no point in JE, unless in a very very clean Mineralised, and Iron free site,,..BC. is just for coinshooting,, if ya wanted to notch out, certain items,,but I personally never use notch,, make sure it is set on 1, and no bars above any items,.. these settings should pick up most things , and give a low tone on iron,, also remember if its deep,especially big chunks of iron,,( High Tone) then the depth VID wil go blank, over 12-14 inches,, also does it on mine ,,over Iron Pyrite, Surface finds, as well as cans will give a high pitched squeal so worth having a look...another good starter setting is Disc 2, cuts out most nails... Sens 60-80.. Tone 2F,, Pro.. PF or DE...hope this helps,, oh yes, as for air testing,, dont bother. how can you air test something .. when you cant ground balance the detector first???..lol... My mate jeb swears by AM Motion,, and it is very good,,takes a bit of getting your own personal preferences set up but all in all ,, a very deep way of tectin once you are happy that you are understanding what the detector is telling you, I use it after I have covered the ground in one of my other settings,, as it will miss many small objects masked by iron.. .but thats just.in my opinion.,,,,ok?.. happy hunting...Kuffy

Thanx Kuffy, I've been using it enough now so I'm comfortable with 2 settings. 0 Disc. 2 tones or Disc. at 6 and mono tone. Am having a great time with this machine now that I've used it a while.
Again, thanx all for your help.
Now to sell my SE Pro.