Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New To the Hobby and the Forum

Bishop2012

Hello Everyone!
I'm new to detecting but already it's pretty much all I can think about! I just got myself a CTX3030 and I'm excited to learn all about the capabilities. If any of you have some good links to books or articles/videos please let me know. I want to learn as much as possible so I don't waste the capabilities of the machine due to ignorance. Thanks!

Metal detecting world . com great tips on the ctx . Welcome to the forum lot's of imfo here a great site you have found . sube

Andy's book will become your centerpiece. Other than that, just get out there and Hunt. FBS tech has a learning curve, but you will still find treasure if you can get your coil over it.
And welcome to the Forum and Metal Detecting! (warning: its addicting)

Welcome. I hope you enjoy the wealth of information here. Check out the Resource Center as well as some of the past post others have made. There are also youtube videos that can help you visualize some of the information then apply it. Good luck.

Man you don't play do you. You went from 0 to 200 in a flash. Welcome and believe me when I say
you started with the right detector and you came to the right forum if you want expert help from people
who really understand and are the most helpful crowd I have ever had the pleasure to be a part of.
Don't get frustrated, get help!!!!HERE

glenn3-88 said:
Man you don't play do you. You went from 0 to 200 in a flash. Welcome and believe me when I say
you started with the right detector and you came to the right forum if you want expert help from people
who really understand and are the most helpful crowd I have ever had the pleasure to be a part of.
Don't get frustrated, get help!!!!HERE

LOL thanks to all of you!
Yes I know I didn't really waste any time. Once I decide I truly enjoy something I have learned from experience that in the long run you are better off buying the best equipment you can afford. Every single time I have gone the budget route it always ends up costing me more in the end.

Welcome. If you use You Tube check out Dirtfishing, his videos are top notch and will give you a good idea of what to look for when your getting started. As an added plus he just ordered another CTX so there should be more quality vids in the future. Sube also has some very helpful videos, the one on shallow coins double hitting helped me when I first picked up one of these fine machines.

eldercycle said:
Keep the machine in auto ground balance as well as auto sensitivity-

Auto-ground balance is a confusing term, and does not exist on the CTX. The CTX has GB either on or off. Leave it OFF unless the suggested sensitivity level is in the single digits.

Jason in Enid said:
eldercycle said:
Keep the machine in auto ground balance as well as auto sensitivity-

Auto-ground balance is a confusing term, and does not exist on the CTX. The CTX has GB either on or off. Leave it OFF unless the suggested sensitivity level is in the single digits.

Interesting. Why would you leave it off?

Leave it off because that is how the detector is designed and it in the manual. Unless your suggested sensitivity level is in the single digits, leave it turned off. Turning it on when its not actually needed will decrease the performance and response.