Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New to the XP Deus, need advice

Just bought myself an XP Deus with 11" coil, remote and WS5 headphones.
What program should I use for coin shooting in parks and schoolyards?
What other advice do I need?
I've been detecting for 6 years and my main detector is a CTX 3030 but like the idea of the lightweight Deus.

Try going here. Very good and thorough info.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYz6Kip4M2I&list=PLV3AQy8uyMz20I7DiMOxRHr44tA6kQk4v

Look for this heading and keep scrolling through and u will see an article on setting up a temporary method program that is easy to build on and it is based on a 4.0 program. It really helped me with setting up every where I go.
Look for this title.
XP Deus Settings – You’ll Want to Re-Hunt Old Sites Once You Master This Setup!

Home » Metal Detecting Field References and Guides for the Beginner and Pro » XP Deus Settings – You’ll Want to Re-Hunt Old Sites Once You Master This Setup!

I had trouble finding the Url.
https://www.detecting.us/referencelibrary/xp-relic-2/
He uses 3.2 relic program and deep program 4.0 as a basis to set up a temporary program to assist people with getting over the learning process with the Deus. I found it a big help.

if I apply the same settings and start from basic1 and not deep is there any difference if all the settings are the same?

thanks!

AJ

I just read that.....looks excellent.

i'd start with basic 1 and use 3 or 4 tones at first. nice, stable program, good to learn about the machine. I mean that Deus built that program so that you would have success and not be overwhelmed at first. they built it knowing that it WORKS. practice a lot. dig a lot. get to know what you and it are doing. then you can start tweaking that same program a little... like raise or lower the sensitivity and see what that does... later on do the same with reactivity . only change one thing at a time til you know what it's doing.... repeat many many times... lol... GL & HH

Toolman0114 said:
Just bought myself an XP Deus with 11" coil, remote and WS5 headphones.
What program should I use for coin shooting in parks and schoolyards?
What other advice do I need?
I've been detecting for 6 years and my main detector is a CTX 3030 but like the idea of the lightweight Deus.

amberjack said:
if I apply the same settings and start from basic1 and not deep is there any difference if all the settings are the same?

thanks!

AJ

I often use basic 1 but set disc 3.1, full tones, react 2.5 or 3 and silver 2, iron volume 0, audio response 3 frequently 12khz, TX 2manual gnd, ground notch from 78 -99. Save with a duplicate program adjacent with only change. Is xy screen for bottle caps ID. 1st time out I dug a silver ring at 7" that was crunched at an old worked out park. Still getting fooled on those bottle caps at 4-5" that have rusted half away. I also run sensitivity high as I can .

Listener said:
amberjack said:

thanks!

AJ

I often use basic 1 but set disc 3.1, full tones, react 2.5 or 3 and silver 2, iron volume 0, audio response 3 frequently 12khz, TX 2manual gnd, ground notch from 78 -99. Save with a duplicate program adjacent with only change. Is xy screen for bottle caps ID. 1st time out I dug a silver ring at 7" that was crunched at an old worked out park. Still getting fooled on those bottle caps at 4-5" that have rusted half away.

bloody bottle caps :punch: it just cant resist anything round can it , thanks for the info on the settings , I have made one program I like and now to work on a deep silver park program will give yours a go and mod from there if need be its finding something that works and I am happy to stick with for ever, chopping and changing isn't so much fun...

thanks again..

AJ