Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

new to vx3 have a bigfoot for dfx, was told to lower rx gain

sayvor

any other tips.

Thnx

I'll let the bigfoot owners handle this in detail. It will work in single frequency but not 3 frequency or 22.5 kHz as I remember. The VDI I don't think are correct. I know larry has one.

THNX Rob, I follow, ya. do you think then it is good on a M6

You can use the Bigfoot on the V series but stick with single frequency 2.5 or 7.5, it is not tuned for 22.5 so you will get screwy ID's in three frequency.

The DFX Bigfoot does work fine with the DFX/MXT/MXT Pro/ M6.

Larry, if you can help. I wanted to use the dfx and bigfoot, wrong forum I know....however.... I had a problem doing a gb on the dfx with the bigfoot, I tried it at 45 degrees as well as flat... does it have to be on a single frequency as well on the dfx? instead of mixed mode? it said it could not do and iwould use factory settings

Thnx

Eric

As Larry said, "The DFX Bigfoot does work fine with the DFX/MXT/MXT Pro/ M6".

You can use the Bigfoot with the DFX (any mode), the Bigfoot was designed for use with the DFX if you have the DFX version. The problem with the the Bigfoot and the V series is the 22.5 frequency which the Bigfoot is not tuned to. Yes, you should ground balance at a 45 degree angle with the Bigfoot. (Nose down)

Ohhh. Nose down!!! I did wrong way. Thank you. I will test asap.

I use my Bigfoot on my V3i all the time in 3 frequency. It works great. You just have to convert the VDI numbers in your head when the 22.5 frequency (blue bar) is the dominant one. For instance, if you scan a nickel using the Bigfoot it will read approximately 3 times the normal reading. Instead of reading 19 on the blue bar, it will read approximately 57 and the blue bar will be dominant. Once you get used to converting the numbers in your head, you will love it as it makes it even easier to make a good target judgement. Scan come gold rings and even a nickel with your everyday coil and record the VDI numbers, then do the same with the Bigfoot. You will see a pattern of approximately 3 times. The other 2 frequencies work as normal.

I have found gold rings with the Bigfoot on my V3i, no problem.

FloridaRob.com

This question is for FloridaRob in particular: How does the depth of the V3i/Bigfoot compare to the DFX/Bigfoot and do you see a meaningful advantage to using the Bigfoot on the V3i instead of the DFX? I know this is somewhat like comparing apples to oranges, but you have significant experience with the Bigfoot, and your opinion could save me several hours spent testing (instead of hunting).Thanks!!

Ok, So here's one question that confiuses me!!!, If I see dominant green, I thought it is better than seeing dominant blue??? I found a lot of pepsi bottle caps with the dominant blue on the BF coil?? and a bunch of HOT ROCK

Sonnar28.

The depth with the Bigfoot seems to be about the same from the DFX to the V3i. The big advantage for me with using it on my V3i is it allowed me to sell my DFX. Too many machines in my garage. You still need to do those hours of testing really to get the feel of how that 3rd frequency reads. The VDI numbers are different but consistant only on the Gold frequency and once you get used to it you will love it as you can identify your targets even better.

Savor.

Just what you are saying is the beauty of using the Bigfoot on the V3i. The green bar is the silver frequency. When you scan a quarter with the Bigfoot the vdi number will be 83 and the green bar will be dominant. Dig it! When you scan that bottle cap (obviously not all bottle caps) with the Bigfoot you will get a vdi 83 also but the Blue bar will be dominant. Don't dig the 83 vdi blue bar. I have dug hundreds and never a good target. The Bigfoot actually helps me in identifying the target.

Hope this helps......FloridaRob

Great but color bars aren't the same in all the programs. Better to give the frequency name of the bar. Instead of green, it would be the 2.5 kHz bar.

Rob (IL) said:
Great but color bars aren't the same in all the programs. Better to give the frequency name of the bar. Instead of green, it would be the 2.5 kHz bar.

Correct. I only use the Bigfoot on Coin and Jewelry program thus the Green Bar (2.5 khz).

Thanks for clarifying...

They are no longer made. The going price for a used one is just plain ridiculous. Keep checking the classified $350 and up from there, in some cases way up.

The price is crazy for a Bigfoot but I saw one on Ebay that was practically new and still in the box go for over $500.00. The imitations don't sem to compare. They are fantastic for what they were made for, covering a wide search area like sports fields, school yards and large search areas. The depth is not as good as a standard coil but you actually cover more area as they cover 18" from head to toe plus they scan straight down like a winshield wiper swiping the ground. That is why I experimented with it on my V3i. I would never part with mine.

I found mine on craigslist paid 400+ paypal and shipping. Was like 440 total. and it was pretty shoddy looking as it was a rental unit. I bought a prizm 3/coinmaster gt model and swapped out the guts via William Lahr in C.A. coil repair via Jimmy Sierra recommendation. He charged $40 per coil.The coils for dfx are goin north of $600 now on fleabay. Nuts.