Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New toy

walleyecrazy

I went to my local dealer yesterday and picked up a Treasure Pro. This is my first Whites detector and so far I am impressed. I have been using the TRX pinpointer for the last six months and loved it so much I figured I'd try one of their detectors. Ive only used it in my back yard so far but the results so far are pretty promising. I've hit my yard pretty hard in the past with a Fisher F2 and a Garrett AT Pro so I thought I had pretty much pulled all the non junk targets out of the pretty small area. To my surprise I was getting some nice high tones in spots where I new I had definitely hit multiple times with the AT Pro. I dug three spots and recovered a penny and two nickels. In each of these holes these coins were actually sitting under a junk piece of metal. I can only think that the good signal was masked and disrcriminared out when I used the AT Pro as I usually ran with Iron discrimination set to about 20 on that machine. I was running the Treasure Pro in Coins & Jewelery mode so it too was running with with iron discrimination yet it was able to pick out these targets where my AT Pro was not. That was pretty impressive to me, and gets me excited to get out and use the Treasure Pro on a good location. My one and only complaint so far is that I wish the lower rod was a little longer. I'm a pretty tall guy at 6'4" and the detector is a bit on the short side for me but still usable until I can get the longer lower rod ordered.

I was thinking about buying and like you I am tall.. Thanks

Elton said:
I was thinking about buying and like you I am tall.. Thanks

The Treasure Pro I saw up close looked short to me too.

It sure would be a nice detector for someone's techy minded kid. A cop stopped and talked to me bout his kid wanting a tector after watching the TV shows. I wish that I would have suggested the TPro, cuz his budget was $400.

I am going back to my dealer on Thursday to pick up the longer lower rod. I'll update you guys on how much it helps out after I get it.

Went and picked up the tall man lower rod this morning. Man what a difference that made. The Treasure Pro is so comfortable to use now. I have it set as long as it can go and I have a huge sweep range now.

Hi Bearharold here , is that rod you got the 32 inch rod or what length is it ? I tried to pick some up some today from my local dealer here in Kansas city he didn't know they made one longer than the 26 3/4 , he called whites while I was there and they said the biggest they made was 32 inch . The ones that came with the treasure pro was 26 3/4 inch , anyway he had to order them and is suppose to call me as soon as they get in . Was just curious if that's the size you got . ( 32 inch )
Happy Hunting ,
Harold

I don't know the exact length but here is a link to the part I bought from my dealer. http://www.whiteselectronics.com/fiber-rod-lower-tall-man
You can have him check the part numbers to see if what he ordered is the same thing. I do believe it is in the 32-33" range though.

walleyecrazy said:
I don't know the exact length but here is a link to the part I bought from my dealer. http://www.whiteselectronics.com/fiber-rod-lower-tall-man
You can have him check the part numbers to see if what he ordered is the same thing. I do believe it is in the 32-33" range though.

I just ordered one of these today. The description says it is 10" longer than standard length. I rough measured the lower shaft in my TPro and it's about 26-27", I din't take it apart
and the end of the shaft was between 2 of the holes but I think 26-27 is right. If that's standard then the tall man shaft will be around 36". I'll know next week when it comes in.
Walleyecrazy, can you guessitmate the length of the tall man shaft?

That's what I read also Lilmikey But when my dealer called whites they said the longest they made was 32 inch so not sure what his are till they get here , but suppose to be 32 . I thought maybe Walleyecrazy would just take a tape measure and measure the one he got to see if it was 32 or 36 inches long , but he may be to busy for that . I will let you know about mine once my dealer gets them in .

walleyecrazy said:
Mine is indeed 32". I'm not sure why their website says it is 10" longer.

it may not be the 26 3/4 rod there referring to as standard cause some are shorter I think . The treasure pro and Coin master detectors use a two rod system and ones like the M6 and MXT and several others use a three rod system so standard my be shorter than the 26 3/4 ones . I don't know this for sure but its my best guess .