Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New V3i on the way!!

mike5853

Just ordered the V3i today, should be here next Tuesday. I’ve owned my MXT for 6 years now and still find it to be just as effective as the Etrac and the F75 I owned. So I figured the V3i is a natural move up. Can’t wait to get it out in the field, even if it is only 34 degrees today.

I liked my MXT, but there wasn't much that needed to be adjusted.You need to learn what V3i settings affect performance and work with them. Don't worry about the bells and whistles in the beginning.

GroundScanner said:
I am starting to like my V3i , it can be overwhelming if you allow it to be . Good luck , GS

I had a DFX for a while so I'm familiar with the extensive menus. Amazing how far these things have come.

I go head to head with a buddy of mine with an E-trac Sometimes he get the coin first and sometimes I do.
All about being in right place at right time

nalc472 said:
I go head to head with a buddy of mine with an E-trac Sometimes he get the coin first and sometimes I do.
All about being in right place at right time

I liked the Etrac, good machine, I guess I just like the way Whites puts together their detectors. Solid feel to them, deep and accurate too.

I love my V3i ! So far it's really been a pleasure to hunt with. Very deep seeker, with so many ways to look at a target and decide what's worth digging. I have had the Etrac, T2, F75, and many others. The V3i can run with them all, no problem. I just purchased a new power house from another manufacturer, and have started doing some testing. So far my V3i is very safe :)

Wow hunted with my V3i today and almost every hole had a tab in it along with a coin. Also had an iffy Dime signal. Dug down to find a crushed can. Can removed and found two clad dimes right beside it. Had to hit the dimes because it pinpointed them with an ID of 78.

daddyflea said:
Wow hunted with my V3i today and almost every hole had a tab in it along with a coin. Also had an iffy Dime signal. Dug down to find a crushed can. Can removed and found two clad dimes right beside it. Had to hit the dimes because it pinpointed them with an ID of 78.

Amazing! I've watch a lot of videos on this detector and see some of the same types of finds. Well it should be here today so I'll be out this afternoon running some field test.

mike5853 said:
daddyflea said:

Amazing! I've watch a lot of videos on this detector and see some of the same types of finds. Well it should be here today so I'll be out this afternoon running some field test.

I have mine set up to accept all targets. 0 tones for unwanted VDI Consistency, correlate. with a SEF 8X6 coil

I had an M6 for the last few years...just got a V3i 2 weeks ago. If anyone is from the St. Louis area and wants to hunt with a fellow V3i'er....give me a shout! Paul

You should have gotten your new detector by now, hopefully you're having fun with it, I always do with mine :bouncy:

Giant056 said:
You should have gotten your new detector by now, hopefully you're having fun with it, I always do with mine :bouncy:

Sure did! It came in a week ago and ran it through my test garden. I love my MXT but this is so much better in the fact you can tweak it to get all it offers for the hunt. I hope to get out this weekend - damn this work every day thing - when I have some day light. I'll post finds.

Paul,

Just purchase a used V3I last week. Have not had a chance to use it yet. I live in Ballwin, and would be interested in hunting together sometime. Gary

gwhamil said:
Paul,

Just purchase a used V3I last week. Have not had a chance to use it yet. I live in Ballwin, and would be interested in hunting together sometime. Gary

If you're talking about Baldwin Mi then you could probably use the same basic program that I use on mine. I have been sold on "Magic's Program" , this program was recommended to me back in 2010 and I've been using it since I put it on my detector, super deep seeking and it even quieted my detector down considerably (especially the false signals). I don't have all the exact settings that he runs but the basic critical settings are and work very well here in Kalamazoo Mi. There's a guy in Ohio that I recommended it to about 2 years ago and he still loves it. Actually there's a lot of people who use the same basic program all over the midwest.

http://forums.whiteselectronics.com/showthread.php?47169-V3i_-Magics-Pro&highlight=magics

Actually, I am talking about Ballwin, MO. Its close to St. Louis. Definately going to try Magic's Program. Thanks for the tip.

Magic's program is really the Hi Pro program. He used of 70 instead of 65 for the base threshold which makes no performance difference and his own tones which again makes no performance difference. He used zero tones for unwanted VDI and a 5 tone for iron. He also rejected the ground range of VDI. He also quit using the +1 ground offset.

You will find little difference from High Pro.

Let me start by saying that this program is not for everyone. It will find the deepest targets and also is very informative as to what is in the ground around everything.

Rx gain 10 to start and adjust from there
Tx boost off
Disc. 88-93
All metal 70

DISCRIMINATION
Bottle cap reject off
Hot rock off
Reject -95 to -89
Accept -88 to +94
Reject +95
(if your ground phases into the -80s you will want to reject down into the -80 range.)

TONES
I set these tones to my liking and you may want to put in your own. I use higher tones for good targets that I look for. (Example...51 to 54 is Indian penny range so it gets a higher tone) I use the 5 tone on the iron range to tell where the iron is and it sounds like a ticking sound. Some people like this while others don't. I like to know whats in the ground. The more info the better for me!)

-95 to -6 5
-5 to -1 50
0 to +9 150
+10 to +12 165
+13 to +17 175
+18 to +22 225
+23 to +29 175
+30 to +39 190
+40 to +49 200
+50 210
+51 to +54 225
+55 to +59 210
+60 to +67 220
+68 to +89 250
+90 to +94 255

I use three frequency in Best data
I use lock trac with a offset of +1 and ground balance every 20 minutes or so
(Watch the arrows while ground balancing and wait until they start to switch back and forth left to right before releasing.)

5 band filter. (Adjust for your ground)
Recovery speed. 50 to 100 range
( I usually hunt at 65 until I know the area, If its trashy I go to 50, if moderate I hunt at 60 to 75, and for no trash and deep I go to 80 to 100. On some rare occasions I have hunt at 120 with good results in a almost no target type field.)

I use intensity base threshold of 70
Fade rate at 4

Note.. If hitting on a really deep target, it may be necessary to turn up your all metal to 80 to 90 in order to pinpoint on the target.

Other points of interest....
When I get that good quick hit like silver and its deep, if you move to a 45 degree angle and go around the object and you get alot of ticking noise (iron range) it is a nail almost every time. Unless its a good target in with a nail..

I think I'm going to tweak mine to reject the ground range when I get chance. My set up is so close to Magic's.

gwhamil said:
Paul,

Gary, that would be great! I have gone out a few times in the last few weeks, and the V3i has been really fun. I work in Fenton, and could do a short hunt after work, or most Sat/Sun's. I am really excited to get out again :) Send me an email (in my profile) anytime to go hunting! Paul

Hi pro was the first program that I used, I liked best data better, that's what Magic's program is. Hi pro is correlate which is different, you'll get higher VDI's in correlate than you will in best data, I've accidentally switched to correlate when I was running Magic's program and looked at the numbers and thought this can't be right :)