Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Whites support forum for TDI owners

AmericanGMaxx

You must own a TDI to register. Follow this link.
http://whiteselectronics.com/forum/index.php?

Hope to see you there.

I filled out all the fields and got an error that my username was already taken. I changed it and then got a second error that my email address was already taken. I would really like to join the forum as I got my TDI 2 days ago. I was not able to contact the admin either. Any idea who I contact to get in? Thanks for any help.
Matt

Hi Matt,

I think it will take a day or two for the administration to get in touch with you, so I wouldn't worry right now. This is new so it will take a couple of days to get organized.

BTW, I got the same response and re-read all the info.

Reg

Thanks Reg.
I just received my information from the site admin and logged in. I am really looking forward to using this new detector. I hope Steve H. has gotten a little time at Moore Creek to test his detectors out for nuggets. I am anxious to hear how they are performing for gold. I have read all of your posts over on Rob's forum and look forward to what this detector has to offer. Thanks for sharing all of your knowlegde. Take care.
Cheers,
matt

Hi All,

Purchased my TDI this last December and went to Quartzsite--late. Arrived there with the heat and had a tough go of it. Gotta say, though, I really liked the way my machine balanced out there, especially compared to others.

So I'm off to Saudi Arabia to earn some $$, and haven't found any info on detecting there, except for a news item about an ancient statue found with a minelab (I think). There is a dealer in Jubail (east Saudi Arabia) and detecting seems to be popular in Dubai (neighboring UAE). Anyone know anything about the laws there, what to look for, etc.? I'll be in Jeddah, near the mountainous west. There's also a famous crater (5 hour drive) that I'll wanna check out.

Thanks.

Well, I have tried and tried to get into this forum and all I get is an 404 Error. What is the answer!!

Thanks,
HH,Ringfinder

n/t

Looking for some very unbiased advice. I have been TH for 25+ years and now beach hunt 100% of the time. I've read a couple of posts (not here) indicating that the TDI may encounter GB problems on wet sand beach. I find that difficult to believe since PI's are generally very stable. From all I've read the TDI is a great machine in the right hands. I just want to get any honest feedback I can from users. Also, is there any noticeable difference between the TDI & TDI Pro. I greatly appreciate any feedback.

Rollie,

I have a standard TDI and I use it on the beaches here in NJ without any problems. In both ground balance and non-GB mode. The ONLY thing that is an issue is it is not waterproof, and running non-water proof units on salt water beaches can cause problems if not properly protected.

Not sure if you would need the TDI Pro on most beaches since most are not highly mineralized, and the Pro was designed with a fine tuned ground balance for mostly the gold fields.

The cool thing about the TDI is that with the smaller coils, and using the ground balance adjustment, you CAN clad and silver coin hunt and not pick up much junk. Won't find gold rings or nickels, but you can discriminate out most iron and aluminum trash and tabs and pick off coins. Cool stuff. The ground balance knob in conjunction with the delay can make for some interesting discrimination combos.