Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New XLT user needs a little help

I recently purchased a XLT a few months back and I absolutely love it. I've learned quite a bit over the past few months just by going out and hunting in trashy areas, and I've also learned quite a bit by just reading articles in this forum.

I have a question I hope I can get an answer to. If I'm hunting a pretty trashy area and I need to hunt in the preset "Coin" mode. How can I get a little extra depth without making too many changes. Reading the engineering and instruction manuals, it says to increase my preamp gain and also AC sensitivity? To what levels?

The easiest way to get target separation and better depth would be to get another coil like the bullseye 5.3.Great in trashy areas.You can change your preamp for better depth;but it will depend on how trashy the area is. The detector will sound off on everything and youll probablly get an overload signal if the preamp is set too high.Only trial and error will tell you how much to change the settings.
Steve

Well being that AC Sense controls Motion Discrimination depth, which is what the Coin mode is functioning on, this setting is most important in those conditons. In trash I run my AC at a max of "80", leaving the PreAmp at "1" and sometimes can get up to a PreAmp of "2"
and remain stable.

Another way to achieve good seperation when you don't have that small coil,(XLT's and Eagle Specs only),though there's no mention of this in the manual, increasing the SAT Speed up to 8-10, I usually go 10, acts just like having a smaller coil, even changes the VDI's slightly like a small coil...works Great !!

Dave