Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Newbie Goes Surf Wrestling!

Terry Soloman

OK fellas, I am pooped! Drove out to Jones Beach on Long Island today after dropping off the wife at work this morning at 5:55am. I was in my new Reddington "Crosswater" waders, and in the surf with my Tesoro Sand Shark at 7:05am. By 7:07am (LOL), I was wondering just what the heck this old gold prospector had gotten himself into! I was only in up to my knees/waist, and it was rough. I was getting turned around, pushed in, sucked out, the 8" coil got real "heavy" as the water sucked by it - hey, I have a lot to learn! On the plus side, I love this new hardwired Sand Shark! It is uber-stable in black sand, light, and a pleasure to swing. Ordered a BIGGER scoop. The Shark is just too deep for anything else, and pinpointing and scooping in the surf is a whole different animal! Did 4-hours and I'll tell you what - I Worked! What a fantastic day! - Terry

Four hours on Jones Beach is enough to wear out the Best, I would Highly recommend a manual inflate life vest..PFD.................Where I hunt,......Oc Maryland the waters are ruff and I know Jones Beach is even worse..So be careful...And Good Luck....joe

Yup - beach huntin is tough - not for whimps - lol. Take what mother nature gives you and be safe - gl and hh.

Thanks to all of you for the words and advice! I will keep you posted - Terry