Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Newbie needs some help! Whites Vsat question

Kidd

I just purchased a like new Whites Goldmaster V/sat. Its a beautiful machine, and looks as though it has never been used. My question is this. It comes with a 6 by 10 gold master coil. It looks like the stock coil. However it does not say if its a DD. If it doesn't say that, am I to assume its not a DD. Even the instuction manual make no referance to this. I would like to have a DD coil for this machine, and I do see that whites still makes some nice ones for it. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Kidd

The DD coils were not made until more recent times than the vSat. All the early White's Goldmasters had concentric coils as well as the Fisher Gold Bug and Gold Bug2. It might work better than you think it will. Lots of gold has been found with the concentric coils before the DD coil came along. The white's DD coil is marked TWIN D and then a T with a D on each side of it below the twinD.
RSJ

Thanks snakejim, its a pleasure belonging to this forum. Thank you for sharing that knowledge, Kidd

Hello,

Just click on this site, and it should answer most of your questions:

http://www.whiteselectronics.com/tell/month/2004-june.php

I think there is a toll free number there you may use in answering your questions.

or try

http://www.JimmySierra.com

There are DD coils there for your machine.

Hope this helps!

~LARGO~

Kidd... the standard coil for the V/sat was concentric. However, White's now makes a Twin D (10-inch elliptical) which will boot
up. It is a good coil... very quiet...

I have 3 Goldmasters, and extra coils. The DD coils actually have "Twin DD" printed on the coil label in addition to another DD shown back to back (the vertical lines on the D are back to back like a double mirror image).

Hi parrott!
Woody is doing ok. He's getting old and tired. He'll be 92 in March. It aggrevates him that he can't get out detecting like he used to do.
Jim

I talked to Woody this morning and asked about Herb and Gladis. Woody said he hadn't heard from Herb in a long time.