Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Newest Settings???

I bought an E-Trac last season but only used it about 3 times. I used Explorers for the last 4 or 5 years and became fairly proficient with it. The limited use I had with the E-Trac, needless to say, didn't give me a good grasp on the machine. I am going to hunt for the first time this season tomorrow morning and would like to hear some replies from users with their latest settings and tips. How is the FE 12 issue working out? On the Explorer, the settings Charles (Upstate NY) made famous were the ones I generally used. All replies will be appreciated.

I run mine deep on fast on manual about 23 or so trash high ground dif gain 28 and use a 6" coil in high trash and the stock coil in open areas.
I dig all high tones even if I only get them one way.
Also dig all targets that lock hard on co value of 11-12 or 13
hh gl dan

Noise cancel often, play with sensitivity and watch your depth gauge for the best depth. The factory coin pattern won't miss nada even in null do a short stop and go if something is there you will hear it. Happy trails 2 U.

Bluefin; so you've been having good luck with one way high tones? The one way tones do they go away when you 90* it?

yeppers big time :) give it a try I dig a lot but I get lots of nice things too.
I also got rid of the top black line so the halfs and dollars would not null out.
I use a 6" coil in the trash and make a killing.
Also I use a Garrett pinpointer that helps like you can not imagine.
hh
gl dan

bluefin1959 said:
I run mine deep on fast on manual about 23 or so trash high ground dif gain 28 and use a 6" coil in high trash and the stock coil in open areas.
I dig all high tones even if I only get them one way.
Also dig all targets that lock hard on co value of 11-12 or 13
hh gl dan

do you mean a fe value of 11-12 or 13?

I haven't been using it that long but the more you use it the better you will be. I've used a explorer 2 for years and this is about as good as it gets the main thing is listen to what the machine tells you listen to the sounds and after a Little a little bit you will figure it out.You have a great metal detector give it a chance.this is best i ever had and i tried every one. HAPPY HUNTING RON you should download the E-TRAC EMULATOR and that will help.