Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Newly purchased x-5 coil--any advice?

Hi, everyone,

My x-5 coil just arrived and I'm anxious to get out and give it a try on the e-trac.

Any advice? Swing speed--same as other coils or not? Any changes in settings? Sensitivity changes from my typical manual setting?

How do I get the very best out of this coil that has such a good reputation?

Thanks,

Mike

24-26 coil peaks nice. Relic pattern or even more open. Swing speed varies depending on trash density. Also recovery fast on deep off. Trash low ground difficult. The Etrac is ever so slightly faster in trash low. That's it in a nutshell. It's a great coil good choice for trash and tiny targets. Depth is great for its size. HH tom

I find its great when iron and a desirable target are on top of each other. Try a dime and a square nail. You will be Suprised. I have an ancient padlock small 1.5x1.5ins I can put a mercury behind it and get a good response as far as tone. I'd is off but the non ferrous tone is loud and clear. OK keep us posted. On you're finds. It's gonna be a while before I get out 30+ ins of snow out on the farms 18ins in my favorite park. HH tom. Play with response long smooth.

Try an air test with the same target (dime/quarter) on the different noise cancel channels and see if the VDI remains constant.
With the 4.5 x 7 the VDI will increase a bit as the channel number increases. Just curious if the X-5 shows any tendency that way.

I've found a few silvers with the X-5, but I'm more a big coil swinger. Since those real bad trashy areas only come along very rarely, I hardly ever put it on. It works good though.