Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Next New Minelab detector needs a button to clean out the wireless connections

BigTony

I bought a new pair of wireless headphones (Bone conduction type) just to try out. Maybe not putting an ear piece in my ears will be good for my hearing loss this summer.

This was the first time I had an issue connecting a new pair of headphones. I tried for about an hour, then wrote down my settings and did the factory reset.
Then they connected fine.

For the next Minelab detector they need a better way to connect to a new set of wireless head phones - doing a factory reset is a pain for us older folks!

Last edited:
Do you keep them on after shutting your equinox off? sometimes I just shut my detector off then the headphones will sound like they shut off but they still blink.
What I do is before I turn on my Nox I turn headphones off so the lights not blinking then turn them on then turn on your detector they should link right up.
Mark

Do you keep them on after shutting your equinox off? sometimes I just shut my detector off then the headphones will sound like they shut off but they still blink.
What I do is before I turn on my Nox I turn headphones off so the lights not blinking then turn them on then turn on your detector they should link right up.
Mark
Mark, this was a new pair I just bought. I couldn’t get them to connect, factory reset worked.
It seems to me there should be a simple tweak, like holding the wireless button five more seconds to clear out previous connections.

I bought a new pair of wireless headphones (Bone conduction type) just to try out. Maybe not putting an ear piece in my ears will be good for my hearing loss this summer.

This was the first time I had an issue connecting a new pair of headphones. I tried for about an hour, then wrote down my settings and did the factory reset.
Then they connected fine.

For the next Minelab detector they need a better way to connect to a new set of wireless head phones - doing a factory reset is a pain for us older folks!
Big T, Just this past weekend I had trouble with my Avantrees linking up. Although I didn't do a factory reset I had to try 4 or 5 times before they would link up. I would turn off the bluetooth button, turn off the headphones. Push and hold the bluetooth till it beeps then turn on the headphones. This is what the manual says. The headphone icon would appear but couldn't hear anything except the dinging of the volume as I tried to raise it. And no sound from the speaker. Finally they started working. I have had trouble in the past with it also. One hunt I wound up just using it on speaker. So I tried Mark Kus 's tip. sonofagun it worked. With the factory and my Avantrees and I have my bone conductor's on charge and will try them when charged. I have the Tayogo's. They work pretty good but I did notice a slight loss of depth in air tests between them, the factory, the Avantrees and the speaker. It was with the 6 in. coil in Field 2 sensitivity at 22. Vol. 25 Maybe check it out. Good luck, Mark

Mark
I'll be danged, been using the 800 for years now and fumble fussing around the other way. The one thing I noticed is the headphones have to be in pairing mode (red & blue light flashing ) and not just on. Then turn the detector on. I wonder why Minelab would not tell you that. Thanks for the tip. Mark

I'll be danged, been using the 800 for years now and fumble fussing around the other way. The one thing I noticed is the headphones have to be in pairing mode (red & blue light flashing ) and not just on. Then turn the detector on. I wonder why Minelab would not tell you that. Thanks for the tip. Mark
Yup, had the light show on and then the detector wireless going, zippo. Could have been the Bluetooth on the bone conductor headphones. They were only 20 bucks but did say they were low latency. I am waiting for warmer weather and no chores to try them the field

LOl I learned that awhile ago its annoying but once in awhile they wont pair up right away I shut them off then repeat and usually they pair up right away.
Mark

I usually don't have any trouble. Gut once I was at the beach and couldn't remember how to connect them. So I just bought the bullet and went home no detecting for me that day as the beach had too many people on them and I didn't want them to get upset hearing my detector. That was almost as bad as going to the beach with my 3030 and forgetting to pack the battery, ugh.

I usually don't have any trouble. Gut once I was at the beach and couldn't remember how to connect them. So I just bought the bullet and went home no detecting for me that day as the beach had too many people on them and I didn't want them to get upset hearing my detector. That was almost as bad as going to the beach with my 3030 and forgetting to pack the battery, ugh.
Yeah, I hear ya…..it’s tough getting old. I have done similar….no shovel