Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nice clad hunt today..

fwcrawford

Due to the drought we are in now, I decided to go clad hunting today.
After some debate, I decided to try a school that I detected at about 10 years ago and did fairly well at.
I also had a couple other sites lined up if that was a bust.
The first stop was a high school and the football field was open so I was able to detect the grassy areas in and around it.
I spent about 3 hours there and found 44 quarters which suprised me.
After a snack break, I went to a nearby park and there are two baseball fields with a gravel area between them.
I searched only the gravel area and found 35 quarters there in less than an hour and one more in the grass strip to get my total to 80
After calling quits for the day, I spotted two more sites for the future and did end up stopping by another old school for about 15 minutes and found two more quarters.
Don't ignore those gravel areas in parks or schools.. they can hide coins just as well as grassy areas.
Thanks for looking!
IMG_0579.JPG

After some debate, I decided to try a school that I detected at about 10 years ago and did fairly well at.
The first stop was a high school and the football field was open so I was able to detect the grassy areas in and around it.
After a snack break, I went to a nearby park and there are two baseball fields with a gravel area between them.
I searched only the gravel area and found 35 quarters there in less than an hour and one more in the grass strip to get my total to 80
After calling quits for the day, I spotted two more sites for the future and did end up stopping by another old school for about 15 minutes and found two more quarters.
Don't ignore those gravel areas in parks or schools.. they can hide coins just as well as grassy areas.
Thanks for looking!
View attachment 48261
That's a crazy amount of quarters, congrats!!!

I used to have a early Sun morning "milk run" alternating spots hitting high traffic areas and tot lots. Don't do it anymore as most places aren't being replenished. 2 rolls of quarters on a outing is pretty darn good. WTG! HH jim tn

I used to have an early Sun morning "milk run" alternating spots hitting high traffic areas and tot lots. Don't do it anymore as most places aren't being replenished. 2 rolls of quarters on an outing is pretty darn good. WTG! HH jim tn
About the same around here Jim.. this school is a good drive away from where I live… I’m sure if I had detected it more often, I would not find this much either.
Tot lots used to really give up lots of coins, but not anymore, but they can still surprise me with an odd find like a ring or dollar coin.

😮😮Now that is a pile of quarters!!

Thanks for looking!
View attachment 48261
And that night you slept like a baby! Good job