Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nice find and different

CT Todd

I like different. I hit the Dog Headed Whistle today at a cellar hole. It’s marked Sterling so it’s after 1860. Got a holed copper green disc of nothingness and a key fob also. Skeeters 🦟 we’re tough but the digging was good. Running my Deep Coppers Program. Get out there.

Attachments

• 00748B81-203D-46FC-B217-132EF2D05BAC.jpeg
    00748B81-203D-46FC-B217-132EF2D05BAC.jpeg
    505.1 KB · Views: 109
  • 24E2CE98-33DE-4C02-967C-BB885AABACBA.jpeg
    24E2CE98-33DE-4C02-967C-BB885AABACBA.jpeg
    490.4 KB · Views: 110
  • 3C024E76-86C9-499F-AF60-47213C6C1CD8.jpeg
    3C024E76-86C9-499F-AF60-47213C6C1CD8.jpeg
    740.8 KB · Views: 108
That is a very cool find. Obviously not the cellar hole occupants' whistle. I can picture some well-to-do hunter taking a break at the cellar hole some 100 years ago and leaving his whistle behind.

Nice Todd. Last saw you was in Gettysburg. Thought I had silver ring last week at one of my new sites but was a silver tie threader for a neck tie. Don't know about a deep cooper program. Everytime I get a really deep copper signal its usually a deep O-ring. Only beef on the Deus is no read out on deep targets which is why I save nickels for cleaner areas.:) :)

Hmmmmm. Maybe a Baskerville Hound???😂😂

Nice Todd. Last saw you was in Gettysburg. Thought I had silver ring last week at one of my new sites but was a silver tie threader for a neck tie. Don't know about a deep cooper program. Everytime I get a really deep copper signal its usually a deep O-ring. Only beef on the Deus is no read out on deep targets which is why I save nickels for cleaner areas.:) :)
Your not going to get away from a deep O-ring or washer they are round the thickness is correct. Your just going to dig it. Get out there

I must have missed it. What is your deep copper program and it's advantages? Thanks for your time. Oh, that was a very cool find. That's what I enjoy most about metal detecting. The state of New York thing is a great find too. Do you know what it is?

CT Todd, Congrat's on some very nice saves. I really like the Dawg whistle and the fob. I wonder if this could possibly be related to the GAR, or (Grand Army of the Republic) for Union Veterans after the War of Northern Aggression? Well Done on these finds.