Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nice flash of silver surprise, Trusty old Sovereign back to land use.

Old California said:
Thanks old beechnut,

Amazing BBS technology open doors for us back in early nighties, from park tuff to ocean wet sand it was untouchable in its day.

Thanks again,
Paul

In my book it is still King of the Hill! My BBS has served me well and still untouchable.

Hi Paul,

You made some nice finds with the Sovereign :cheers: I apologize in advance for all the questions but.....do you prefer the S-shaft over the straight shaft? (I love your rig setup) I just picked up another sovereign GT and want to make some modifications. I have the digimeter and would like to mount it similar to your setup. Did you make the vertical shaft that your meters set on? If so may I ask how you made them? Also, when I had the Musky the control box sat below the hand s-shaft. I actually found this to be a nice setup and didn't seem all the heavy to swing....unlike the Sov GT factory setup. I am wondering if you, or anyone else would know if that musky bracket will allow the Sov GT to be attached to it? I have always hip mounted the controls to lesson the weight but maybe with the right setup, I can keep it all on the rod assembly. Just talking out loud and trying to make or lessen the "hate the weight part" of this machine.

Yes, I have come back again to owning another Sovereign GT. I believe this is my fourth one. :)

After a long day at work, I am turning in :goodnight: