Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nice hunt after a month nets silver and more......

Goes4ever

Haven't been able to get out digging since early July, the weather just has not been nice either too blessed hot or no rain and ground was hard as a rock. After work last nite I door knocked on an old farm and got permission. Found wheats everywhere I turned and knew there had to be silver somewhere! After about 12-14 wheats I got a nice high tone and got a nice spill with two mercs and two wheats.! Shortly after that got another nice high tone and it was a spill of a silver washington a merc and two more wheaties. Also got a nice indian, a buffalo nickel, cool little car, other odds and ends. The one item I found interesting is the little pin marked 1886, any ideas on this one???
oh and BTW I used my nox 600 for this hunt, the more I use it the more I love it!

goodmore said:
Nice hunt. I miss your videos. Always enjoyable. Glad you are still in the hobby.
oh yes still digging, just haven't kept up with posting............life has been SO busy!

Very nice!

Pin is California Perfume Company (original name of what later became Avon) representative pin...very collectible.
The 1886 refers to the year the company started.
Your pin is probably vintage 1925-1929.

See pics of 'clean' ones here:
http://www.californiaperfumecompany.com/products/cal_representative_pins_1.html

Well done,
:)
mike

Nice finds yep if you find lots of wheats silver will follow!

curious as to approx where "around here" is G4E....and how deep you were hitting those wheats and silvers?
i have fought through alot of the dry weather and heat in trying to get to learn my 600
depth has been an issue but it does seem as maybe it is getting a bit deeper as the ground re-emerges from it's brick-like state here in the mid-atlantic....my NOX has gotten me a bunch of silvers(no nice spills like you hit yet!) but i would concur with the fact that the more i use it, the more i am getting to like it(at times!) she is a super sniper pulling tons of stuff out of hunted out spots
i am actually pretty amazed by the volumes of stuff i left behind!!!! YIKES

Goes4ever said:
Nice finds yep if you find lots of wheats silver will follow!not always! many of houses have yielded 20+ wheats and not even a single dime, it happens a lot around here
That’s funny because 90% of the time here if I start finding wheats silver almost always follows.
More than likely those properties have been hit “cherry picked”

###AWESOME historical info Mike!!
this is the stuff that really makes the hobby super appealing to me....just bringing back to life lost heirlooms and do-dads from bygone times....excellent link

sunraysux said:
curious as to approx where "around here" is G4E....and how deep you were hitting those wheats and silvers?
i have fought through alot of the dry weather and heat in trying to get to learn my 600
depth has been an issue but it does seem as maybe it is getting a bit deeper as the ground re-emerges from it's brick-like state here in the mid-atlantic....my NOX has gotten me a bunch of silvers(no nice spills like you hit yet!) but i would concur with the fact that the more i use it, the more i am getting to like it(at times!) she is a super sniper pulling tons of stuff out of hunted out spots
i am actually pretty amazed by the volumes of stuff i left behind!!!! YIKES
NW Ohio

Mkus said:
Nice finds yep if you find lots of wheats silver will follow!not always! many of houses have yielded 20+ wheats and not even a single dime, it happens a lot around here
That’s funny because 90% of the time here if I start finding wheats silver almost always follows.
More than likely those properties have been hit “cherry picked”
well I have been knocking doors in this area for 10+ years now, and it is VERY common to find a house with all wheats and ZERO silver.

Goes4ever said:
More than likely those properties have been hit “cherry picked”well I have been knocking doors in this area for 10+ years now, and it is VERY common to find a house with all wheats and ZERO silver.
Wow lucky not in my area!! I find wheats or Indians it’s game on

Some very nice finds.

We've been getting some rain finally after some weeks of heat. Nice to be able to get out.

Rich

Well Done! Great finds!

PS: I too found an item very SIMILAR to the last two photos kept' mine didn't have the 'clip' on the back.

I 'think' it might have adorned a horse bridle that was used to draw...... 'jeez''' .....a Victorian era hearse!!!