Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

nice little story

bswift35

Was out hunting today at a local park, in quincy il. When this suv pulls up and starts watching me, was getting a little nervous didnt know what was going on.He then got out and came up to me with this big camera in his hand, he introduced himself as a reporter for the quincy herald and do you mind if i take some pics of you, i said that was fine.Later he came up to me and asked what kind of things do you find, so i told him about some of my better finds, he then asked me if they could do a feature on me for there web sight,DUH YEAH, so i gave him my number so he could come by my house, and take some pics of my finds, we need all the good publicity we can get in this great hobby.And maybe some one will see this and get into the hobby. thanks for reading bryan

That is too cool Bryan, you will have to post a link to the story when it comes out. Don't forget the cannonball...........:thumbup:

Double edged sword! Cool that you are sharing your story, but publicity like that is in my opinion BAD. There will be someone that sees your goodies and head out with a junk machine, big shovel and go to town. I never show others the goodies in my pouch, it starts a cycle of jealousy, followed shortly by rules by the town. Folks start to think, "why should he get the goodies out of the park, instead of me?" People in general are morons that get jealous very easilly. Just my 2 cents, there have been a lot of posts recently on findmall about staying low key with valuable finds, I agree.
HH
Jon

Well I'm not too sure. It's not every day that the press will come out and want to do a story about our hobby, and the one time they do, I think it wise to "cooperate" with the media as apposed to declining an interview. They are either going to write a negative or positive story regardless, and at least being able to touch on the ethics that we abide by might give the public a positive reference to what we do.

Don't forget to tell him about how much junk and garbage you pick up also. Include the improving the area by trash removal angle. I think that is one way to promote our hobby and show that we are doing the public a service.

That's super Bryan. We had that happen with the PATH group also. Good and bad came from it. PLEASE let us know when it comes out. We would love to read about our friend over in Quincy. We miss you and if you ever get this way..............give us a call! We'd love to take you out hunting. HH, Nancy