Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nice old silver with new detector.

hairymonsterman

image_zpsjdb4pnyj.jpg

King Edward 11, struck 1307-1327 found with my new detector, Golden Mask 5, well pleased with it!

Excellent find hairymonsterman! That's a good way to start with your new detector. Best of luck and...

Happy Hun ting!
Blind Squirrel

image_zpsxysq4wqg.jpg

quote="Wheat Cent"]
I've been eyeballing that machine for a while now.[/quote]

It's a decent detector for small money, straight carbon shaft, came with 2 coils + covers, screen and battery cover, rechargeable batteries+charger and wirless headphones for £395!
It's strong point is that it go's deep in mineralised ground, and has a special coil for iron infested ground, if your grounds good there's better/deeper detectors out there, but this one really suits my type of hunting.

hairymonsterman said:
image_zpsxysq4wqg.jpg

quote="Wheat Cent"]
I've been eyeballing that machine for a while now.

It's a decent detector for small money, straight carbon shaft, came with 2 coils + covers, screen and battery cover, rechargeable batteries+charger and wirless headphones for £395!
It's strong point is that it go's deep in mineralised ground, and has a special coil for iron infested ground, if your grounds good there's better/deeper detectors out there, but this one really suits my type of hunting.[/quote]

which is like $375 USD shipping makes it close to $420 which is like super cheap for a overseas machine, would like to own one some day, but dont have the funds right now.

Nice find, how deep did you have to go to save that coin? I don't know a think about KE11 coins ,looks like silver????--------------------after1-----------

quote=After-1-]
Nice find, how deep did you have to go to save that coin? I don't know a think about KE11 coins ,looks like silver????--------------------after1-----------[/quote]

Yes it's silver and at 700 years old has lasted well, it's only my second hammered silver this year as there rare in my area, back in these times poeple were living in basic housing and trading goods/ bartering was more common than having money.
Depth wise, this field had been ploughed about 4 years ago which probably helped bring it up, but it was no more than 6inch max, and a good clean signal, but they are soo thin they come in as foil or nickel thats why we use very little disc.

hairymonsterman said:
quote=After-1-]
Nice find, how deep did you have to go to save that coin? I don't know a think about KE11 coins ,looks like silver????--------------------after1-----------

Yes it's silver and at 700 years old has lasted well, it's only my second hammered silver this year as there rare in my area, back in these times poeple were living in basic housing and trading goods/ bartering was more common than having money.
Depth wise, this field had been ploughed about 4 years ago which probably helped bring it up, but it was no more than 6inch max, and a good clean signal, but they are soo thin they come in as foil or nickel thats why we use very little disc.[/quote]

What amazes me is that Roman coins look so good after being in the ground as long as they have, I really wish I could take a trip overseas to find some.

hairy----thx for the story on that KE11 coin-----------Is it hard to get permission to hunt where you live?---------Hope to see more finds-------GH-----------------after1---------

After-1- said:
hairy----thx for the story on that KE11 coin-----------Is it hard to get permission to hunt where you live?---------Hope to see more finds-------GH-----------------after1---------

Hi, no it's easy enough to get permission, ive got loads that ive yet to detect and mostly virgin grounds! kids, work, time, wife and life in general are the limiting factor!

Nice to have ground to check out and being Virgin makes it nicer ------Work sure has it's way of changing our Lives--------later and Gh-------------after1----------

LOL. Congrats!! Nice find and hope to see more.:clapping:

Congrats on the nice find & getting to use your new machine to find it!!!