Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nice Silver on Video

earthmansurfer

I'm glad to have started filming my hunts as this is a rare silver for me. No spoilers but watch the whole video as it's kind of special. You'll know what I mean by the last part...

Note the machines Spectragraph. I am curious if what you see was at all wrap around, especially on the 22.5 kHz.

Thanks,
EMS

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VD6ChkHYD4[/video]

Ha!! You found your silver!!! (I've had silver 22.5/wrap on small silver....not with that size of coin.) Gustavo was the star of the show...dang scene stealer!

WTG on the silver coin .:twodetecting::whites::thumbup:

Thanks for sharing, that is a great video......... and congratulations............:clapping:

Very Nice Silver EMS! That certainly was a familiar looking hit. LOL Great Video, thank you very much for sharing.

Jack

Good to see you finally got one. ROB

Nice find it may be like a standing lib in the USA

Thanks for watching the video, thought you all would get a kick out of Gustav.

My recovery delay was actually 60 and not 50. I got a good comment that that is too low. Have any of your run that low of a RD in heavy iron?
I will have to play with 90.

Thanks,
EMS

I don't think 60 is too short. Rob

Thanks for the comment Rob. But just one correction, It is my second in a month :twodetecting: (The only two I have ever found.)
Because of the year (1924) of this coin being significant in that that was the last year of the hyperinflationary period, it is worth a little money $30 or so in that condition and it's only 50% silver. The other one I got is 1910 and 90% silver and only worth half as much. Though I'll never sell them.

I have to upload to this thread another coin I found that day an 1855 Napoleon III 10 centimos. It is huge and a rare W minting location. The coin is very worn though. Had it been in good shape it would have been worth $150! You can't hardly even see it's a coin now. ehehe

The other test I want to do next time I think I find some silver in iron is to switch to best data and see how and if it hits. I am constantly rescanning the area the coins come from after putting the plug back in and it is 95% of the time LOADED with iron and often small bits of metal. I'm very impressed with the V3i in iron (in my mild soil.)

Here is a short video of that "1855 W Napoleon III 10 Centimes Empire Francais" coin I found, shortly after the silver and just a few feet away.

A picture of a good condition one is below as you can't really see much in the video.

You tube description:

An interesting coin to find in Germany, but considering the wars of the past, not that odd. I have found a few other French coins.

What is really interesting is that I am almost always finding these old coins less than 6" deep, actually often 3" or 4". The ground is just harder. From testing coins in this ground I easily pick them up at 7"-9" easy, they just usually are not that deep. The key is really the V3i's great separation in iron.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAy8QefM8TI[/video]

These are very interesting finds.. my only concern in some areas of Europe is old munitions. Dig..dig..dig..clink... boom.. :)

Munitions are a concern. I constantly dig live ammo and am pretty careful when pinpointing. If it isn't deep I can hear that it's bigger than a coin (and longer in one direction). I just avoid them when I know it's ammo. Grenades and bombs are much larger. I just don't dig bigger targets. Even the potential cache by a tree, I won't touch it.