Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nickel trifecta silver and Draped bust!

Mark kus

Beautiful weekend here in ct 62 Saturday today 70! So I hunted back at the older school this weekend did ok.
Took a friend with his new simplex he found his first mercury dime and a war nickel!
I hit a 1952 Washington then a dateless Buffalo then 1941 1956 1946 1941 dimes. About 5 wheats one in with a mercury also a sterling girls scout ring a nice marble and a bullet slug!
The 1903 v nickel was on the beach before and the 1943 P war nickel was in the school yard.
Walking close to the driveway I had a deep 29-31 signal so I dug and dug about 7-8” down I saw the coin I figured a large cent?
Well I was right just a few years off a nice 1802 draped bust!
First one this year 2020 been a good year to start!
Hope people got out to enjoy this weather if it was warm where you live.
I was using field 2 recovery 4 iron 0 horseshoe on ..
HH
Mark

Nice finds and a great day to get out too!!
That item on the right is a rope tensioner in case you were not aware of it.

That’s some fantastic hunting!!

fwcrawford said:
Nice finds and a great day to get out too!!
That item on the right is a rope tensioner in case you were not aware of it.
Thanks I’ve found a few of them I thought at first they were for maple syrup collecting oh and the token on bottom left is a Ct toll token
Mark

Dang Mark you are doing great this year. Do you ever go home.
It’s hard watching from here in Michigan but keep it up and have fun and enjoy.

Doug

Donut said:
Dang Mark you are doing great this year. Do you ever go home.
It’s hard watching from here in Michigan but keep it up and have fun and enjoy.

Doug
Lol thanks Doug I usually go early in the am 4-5 hours this school is not very old 50’s -60’s it’s definitely been hit signals are few and far between but I was going slow listening for the deep mostly masked by old nails signals.
I just happened to be driving by it’s my wife’s old elementary school 20 minutes from my house most of my hunting is done no more than 20 miles from where I live except one park in New Britain Ct ..
Mark

Mark,

You are killing it as usual!

What a great hunt.

We are old here where I live in upstate SC (1700's), but didn't have the population density of the northeast to give us as many different places to go that you seem to have.

Keep it up!

Hardy

894038F3-55A1-4408-BA59-B3BA76BAB743.jpeg
153B72E0-5968-479B-9FA5-98B4A1330C61.jpeg