Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nickels !? Loads of em today !

Steve I nail nickels all the time with the 11 dd and deep too. The 5 dd is everything everyone says it is but try to cover any ground in a park and it will take forever. the main situation I would use it for as previously mentioned by other members is in trashy areas or prospecting. Depending on soil and depth other targets present, Ive had nickels hit as low as 50 and as high as 61. On some target over 6 inches deep Ive had some very inaccurate vdis if its a smaller target. If its jumping from 40 to 80 and I pinpoint and its 5 "or better I dig anyways and have had some shocking finds that way. A lot of can slaw too but I am out for gold and dig it all except for sure iron and using Dave J method for Bottle caps very few of those anymore.
Dont count that 11 out for nickels and or small gold for that matter. I find stud earrings and backs with it but of course there only a inch deep or so and the depth meter will be reading 4". Every one cranks their Gbs to max sens and thinks that will give them the most. Not true even though you may be running stable some soils and or trashy areas merit less sens to get better depth.
HH

Yes is the right answer I had the same thing too :teknetics:#1

Nice Steve Keep digging you will see!!!