Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

No coin or token fourm? 1914D cent

utahshovelhead

After many years of being on the finds treasure forum I am just realizing that there is no coin or token forum...seems odd but I really dig the forum and read alot of really good info here dealing with my addiction.

My Question is this; Unbelievably this year while searching my coins and objects I found not only the rarest mercury dime but also a rare 1914 D penny in my stash. Don't ask how it is that I did not know I had found them sooner but just know that I usually only take time twice a year to sort through my coin finds and I guess you could say that I found them twice.lol. So would you spend the money to have them graded or would you look for the best info you can and put them up for auction? What do all you experts say?

thanks,
Shov.

20th century tales would have been good too.Finding them twice angle..

Also big difference in condition between a dug and nondug coin for anything copper or copper alloy (mixed w nickel, zinc, etc) at least out of my soil. The general condition info you see relates to nondug coins. So a dug coin will take a hit from posted values. Silver coins should fair better but I suspect will also take a hit.

I have two 1914 D pennies found in the same creek bank about a week apart . Terrible condition . I'd love to get 100 dollars a piece for them .