Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

NO DETECTING TODAY!

sddavid

I have't posted here for some long time - back issues and 73rd. birthday. I use to post here and on White's forum. I got out three days in a row recently and got some quarters and dimes and 5 cent coins and copper cents of course. Even a cheap ring. Then a blizzard :( South Dakota weather. Anyway I am glad to be able to get out again and am waiting for the snow to go away! I don't normally find "post worthy" treasure, but I will give this a go once again with my clad and occasional score! I use a Tesoro Golden uMax and a Whites M6 and a Whites Classic 1 and Classic 3 and a Fisher 1280 Aqua and a Whites Coinmaster. I will try to post a few pictures. Oh, it is OK to insult me. I am to old to care anymore. Ah, it is so cool to have that attitude :)

Attachments

• IMGP5426.JPG
    IMGP5426.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 87
  • Screen Shot 2022-04-24 at 2.20.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-24 at 2.20.39 PM.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 103
  • Screen Shot 2022-04-24 at 2.21.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-24 at 2.21.09 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 92
  • Screen Shot 2022-04-24 at 2.21.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-24 at 2.21.59 PM.png
    484 KB · Views: 94
sddavid,
Glad you got out to detect, and glad you posted it. (y)
I like your attitude.
There's an old saying that "You shouldn't p*ss off old people...at their age, life imprisonment isn't really much of a deterrent."

Take care, and happy hunting!
:)
mike

Nice finds! I don’t miss the snow that’s for sure 😂 happy birthday 🎂!!

I have't posted here for some long time - back issues and 73rd. birthday. I use to post here and on White's forum. I got out three days in a row recently and got some quarters and dimes and 5 cent coins and copper cents of course. Even a cheap ring. Then a blizzard :( South Dakota weather. Anyway I am glad to be able to get out again and am waiting for the snow to go away! I don't normally find "post worthy" treasure, but I will give this a go once again with my clad and occasional score! I use a Tesoro Golden uMax and a Whites M6 and a Whites Classic 1 and Classic 3 and a Fisher 1280 Aqua and a Whites Coinmaster. I will try to post a few pictures. Oh, it is OK to insult me. I am to old to care anymore. Ah, it is so cool to have that attitude :)
Post away my friend, we all like to see the treasures everyone finds.

SDDavid, I spent 3&1/2 years in SD from 1971 to1974, I was stationed at Elsworth AFB near Rapid City.
I remember back in the spring of 1974, early may, getting four feet of snow, the only thing that could move was snow mobiles and national guard large four wheel drive trucks.
What part of SD are you from?

SDDavid, I spent 3&1/2 years in SD from 1971 to1974, I was stationed at Elsworth AFB near Rapid City.
I remember back in the spring of 1974, early may, getting four feet of snow, the only thing that could move was snow mobiles and national guard large four wheel drive trucks.
What part of SD are you from?
I live in Sturgis at the foothills. Lots of wind through here at times.

Clad, gold, silver, 1700's era coins, makes no difference what one pursuits if they are happy with doing it. I know about your winters up there having grown up in the Fargo, Moorhead, area. Swinging is good for ones heath, get out there as much as you can. Good to have you back posting. HH jim tn

Hi David,
Glad you were able to get out before the blizzard hit. It will eventually warm up :giggle:
I know the western side of the state has been nailed hard this spring. My parents are from western
ND and got dumped on with snow this spring. My Dad periodically makes trips to FT Meade in Sturgis as he is a Korean War vet.
HH
Dave

Two weeks ago I had to plow driveway just to get out, mostly melted by late afternoon. Next weekend had a chance to detect on Saturday and snowed Sunday! This week went to ocean and forecast was crappy all week so left detector home, of course we had nice weather Friday and Saturday. Home today expected high 63, 49 tomorrow. Yup, stupid weather patterns for sure!!!!
Do post for those of us stuck in limbo…..
We did have one spectacular sunset tho so I’ll include that “find”! (Me taking a picture of the wife taking a picture of the sunset)

Attachments

• 4E7443FA-5495-4BD5-8BA7-98DFAE2FC0E1.jpeg
    4E7443FA-5495-4BD5-8BA7-98DFAE2FC0E1.jpeg
    673.9 KB · Views: 63