Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

No posts made about the Detech 10x5????:surrender:

Dr.Deus

Got my first chance to take the Detech 10x5 WSS butterfly coil plunge yesterday and holy mother! I've never seen a coil work like this before. I've read a lot of talk in the forums about how the targets 'jump right out of the ground'. I had no idea what that meant until it was happening yesterday. This little thing is light, seems to be doing a phenomenal job getting in and around the iron, and the depth was sort of mind blowing! I used to have the Detech 8x6 a few years back which was nice but this 10x5 is incredible. I was just starting to get used to it before mama bear (wife lol) called for dinner so I apologize ahead for the lack of photos of any noteworthy finds. Hopefully I can get out there again today and get more swing time in with it. Anyone else have anything they'd like to add about this great coil? Good luck everybody. HH

Why don't you pick up a NEL sharpshooter and do a head to head?
I would find the comparison very interesting. Can't really figure out why Detech would compete with themselves and the 6 x 8 but I really like the additional coverage of the 10" coils. Does the cable on the WSS have a good quality feel and tight coils? ....that's the only drawback to the NEL is the size of the heavy duty cable

Everything about the Detech 10x5 was top notch. I took her out for a little bit today and I know she slams hard on the silver. I used to own that little NEL sharpshooter. Most people live by it but it didn't really perform as well as I expected it to. Maybe it had something to do with my type of soil? Or the weather, or my mood at the time who knows but...comparing the sharpshooter to the Detech 8x6 coil, the Detech stomped all over it that I remember quite well.

My results were just the opposite but the 6 x 8 SEF cable failed after about 14 months and the warranty had expired so I opted for the NEL instead and have been more than satisfied with how it compared. Perhaps the performance issues with the 6 x 8 had something to do with the cable being faulty at the start but the NEL was head and shoulders above it. The WSS had just come out then and there's still not much info on it. I wish someone would run an unbiased test between the WSS , NEL SS and the Coiltek to see if there's any real difference ; that seems to be the perfect size coil for most of my detecting.

Man no way. Sorry to hear about your troubles with the Detech little man. To be honest I never really hear bad things about 95% of most of the aftermarket coils out there. What size,type and manufacture do you have attached as your go to coil? I need a good deep seeker...

I have an Etrac with the factory 11" coil, a Coiltek 15" WOT coil, a Detech 13" Ultimate coil and a NEL 9.5 x 5.5" Sharpshooter coil. For open areas the go to coil is the Ultimate coil. Its as deep as the WOT just doesn't cover as much ground as fast. For trashy areas the NEL is amazing! Hope this helps?
Gary from Oregon

Hey Gary it does help a lot actually because I've been eyeballing that ultimate coil for quite some time now. I appreciate you taking the time to share that info with me. I live near the city of Chicago but I usually only hunt this old schoolyard property by my house. I try not to hit up too many other places around the area because I don't feel like dealing with cry baby individuals who seem to have a problem with my beloved hobby. The real problem I'm having is, the school I hunt when they remodeled the school they also decided to upgrade on the landscaping as well. They coated the entire property with new soil, adding about 4 extra inches to the existing 100+ year old turf. Which puts the majority of the silver down at about the 9"-13" mark. The standard stock 11" coil that comes with the E trac can hardly hear any of them. I know they're there because I've managed to be lucky enough to get them on the 11" coils best day. I'm really crossing my fingers that the 13" ultimate is just the right size so I can start bringing those puppies back up to the surface again.

I found the Ultimate disappointing in my soil and for mostly clean areas now use the NEL Hunter which is virtually the same coverage but separates a bit better , and when maximum coverage is needed I use the WOT 15". MY dirt does not do "deep" very well as it usually gives up single digit sensitivity numbers so I can't really comment on that. Very little penetrates the 8" level here at which point the decomposed granite begins to return to it natural state.

sprchng said:
My results were just the opposite but the 6 x 8 SEF cable failed after about 14 months and the warranty had expired so I opted for the NEL instead and have been more than satisfied with how it compared. Perhaps the performance issues with the 6 x 8 had something to do with the cable being faulty at the start but the NEL was head and shoulders above it. The WSS had just come out then and there's still not much info on it. I wish someone would run an unbiased test between the WSS , NEL SS and the Coiltek to see if there's any real difference ; that seems to be the perfect size coil for most of my detecting.

I have the Coiltek 10X5 and I am over joyed with it. Not real sure about depth but it seems to ID as deep as the Stock coil. I just bought a Coiltek 12X8 and so far no complaints at all. I like hunting with these eliptical coils for some reason and I noticed today while hunting with a CTX, that my ID was right on with the CTX. I did find more coins than he did but I dont think the machine had anything to do with it.

If you look at 99% of my finds the last 2 years? Well, they were found with the Detec 10x5 Search Coil. I love this thing, and it hardly EVER leaves my machine, and I like it better than the 6x8, as well as my hunting partner.