Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

no rain yet...

gunwolf

Upstate SC has seen just a few very brief afternoon showers over the past couple of weeks... everyday they tell us showers are possible... nope...none... the midlands(SC) got hammered recently and I believe still are getting rain. cutting plugs in red clay is next to impossible and my hands sure do show the effort. this is a pic of what a spot in my yard looks like... I think we need a few days of a good soaking.... I know, careful what I wish for! even the afternoon showers on a daily basis would help...
2K84os2.jpg

1T1yx40.jpg

Upstate SC has seen just a few very brief afternoon showers over the past couple of weeks... everyday they tell us showers are possible... nope...none... the midlands(SC) got hammered recently and I believe still are getting rain. cutting plugs in red clay is next to impossible and my hands sure do show the effort. this is a pic of what a spot in my yard looks like... I think we need a few days of a good soaking.... I know, careful what I wish for! even the afternoon showers on a daily basis would help...
2K84os2.jpg

1T1yx40.jpg
But I would say, Dryness is still better than all the floods in Europe, Germany & even The USA! Otherwise, either a MUDDY MESS or homes & lands damaged or completely destroyed! Ma

Gunwolf, wish I could give you some of this rain around here, we've had 8.5" just this month.
that is what it was like last year here... we were above average for rain every month... way above! this year all the stroms and pop up afternoon showers seem to miss my area... good news is I have not had to cut the grass in a few weeks now... some would be better than none, and in your case too much would hurt also.

2K84os2.jpg

1T1yx40.jpg
I have the solution…..🤭🤭

Attachments

• 4FE5800E-3EB9-4DB5-B4B4-DD4D0E161160.jpeg
    4FE5800E-3EB9-4DB5-B4B4-DD4D0E161160.jpeg
    839.4 KB · Views: 129
It’s been very dry up in Virginia too.
I think I have only mowed grass 4 times so far and it has not been very tall or thick.
I have about given up until we get some rain and cooler weather.
I’ve been water hunting the local swimming lakes, but not much has been coming up in the scoop except one pretty tungsten band I found a few weeks ago and a 10 karat band that I found last week.
I went this afternoon and never found one single coin in the water… tried the beach and only found one lone penny.

Pacific Northwest under extreme draught. We are like 6”+ behind normal precipitation. We are not clay but you dig the plug and everything just crumbles. I quit mowing the grass, I’m just keeping the weeds at an equal height…..

We are in the afternoon thunderstorm pattern right now. If you are under one you get drenched but a mile in either direction remains dry. I have been getting a shower almost every day for the last two weeks. Anywhere from .5" to 2". But, I have nowhere to hunt because all my sites are planted.

Same here in Covington. You can almost count on an afternoon thunderstorm blowing up late in the afternoon. We have sort of had Florida weather the last little while.