Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

No Upgrades on Golden

Clad2Hunt

Talked to the girls at Tesoro last week looking to get the old tone switched to new. I knew they weren't making the units but hoped I could get it upgraded. May be as late as mid to late June before it can happen. So I have put it up till then. Thought I would get used to it but like the nickels being mid high tones better. Going to part with the clean sweep coil so let you guys know it first. Will post it on Accessories shortly. Picked up a Sovereign GT for beach as the 3x18 worked but when sand gets on top it is heavy and constantly dumping it. Will use the Golden for tot lots and club hunts.

Looking forward to getting my "old golden" updated to the new tones....it really is a park hunting monster. Can't wait til it's even more user friendly with the tones. It will sit on the shelf til they start doing the mods again...but it's a great feeling knowing that they will eventually do this update again in the next couple months.

LittleJohn

I've been eye balling a Golden uMax as well and sure hope when my time comes that they have the new tone machines available. In other words, hope a couple of months does not stretch to a year or more!

I talked to someone at Tesoro who said they expected them to be available again in June. No promises though. Could be sooner or later.

I'm one lucky dog to have a high tone Golden

Same here Tabman, only had it for a few short weeks but it is an amazing animal! My first find was an 1866 shield nickle.

j4568r said:
Where did you find a new tone golden and what was wrong with the old tones
I bought mine from a dealer here in Ohio, it was used once I think

as tone deaf as i am, i would LOVE a machine with different colored led lights on top to correspond with tones. just 4 lights, maybe an iron light . i have a two tone machine of another brand, and in relic mode has ferrous grunt and high pitch i actually can hear, and certain headphones DO make a difference, and thats fine with me. i cant hear the language of my beloved single tone Tesoros like i used too, and the doc said not ready for hearing aid yet- just midrange and tone deaf. i cant hear a dog whistle like the young folks and background noise drowns out even worse.