Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Noise Cancel Survey

earthmansurfer said:
nge - Doesn't the 1266-X use just one frequency - 4.8kHz? I have looked everywhere and can't see that it uses 2 frequencies. I think that was with the CZ's, That said, I hear the 1266-X was one of the deepest detectors they made, nice low frequency was probably the reason and it being just a single tone.

Minelab saying there is lots of frequencies is not a complete lie. I think they are stretching the truth. Technically those harmonics do exist (as they do in CZ's, V3i's, etc.) and perhaps they are doing something with them, but clearly they can't be doing a whole lot when one considers the processor(s) used. I mean on the one hand we can take it at face value, but when you lift up the hood and there isn't some kind of "Turbo" to do all the processing, something is amiss.

Hey Mark, I don't agree with a lot of what Minelab does. I don't like the marketing hype, chips in the coils, lack of listening to customers regarding weight and I hate the secretiveness, but I do LOVE the performance and in the end that is what I come back to. I think it is fine to be critical of corporations. They need someone to keep them honest.

Albert
Sorry if I was mistaken. My 1266-X has two Discriminators. But was mislead that there were also 2 freq.,s of the aforementioned ones by advertizing that I saw when they first came out.:surrender: