Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Noisy AT Pro coil

s1u2r3f4

Trying to learn the AT Pro. It's quiet when I'm sweeping, but when I start to dig and rest the coil on the sand (saltwater beach) it goes crazy. All the connections seem ok. Anyone else have this happen? Thanks in advance!

I'm new on the AT but maybe recheck your ground balance.. Just a guess on my part..

Wet sand causes falsing when you sit the coil on the ground.

TheGeorgiaCanuck said:
Wet sand causes falsing when you sit the coil on the ground.

What he said!

Try laying it down with the coil 90 degrees to the sand or even kicked up a little. Keeps mine quiet usually.

When you ground balanced on the wet sand you held the coil higher. Resting the coil puts it in closer contact to the salt minerals and any black sand the is present. The salt concentrations and black sand can vary even within a few feet. Some ATPro's can't even be used at saltwater beaches.

What is your sensitivity level. May not necessarily be a problem with the unit. For example, the Teknetics Omega can be set to a higher sensitivity, and while the coil is in motion the machine is quiet and stable. Once the coil is stationary, it turns into a chatterbox. The machine was designed to allow this. Perhaps the AT Pro is also designed to do this.

I have this problem on land sometimes...Usually due to the GB being off, the SENS being too high, EMI or RFI, or bad connections at the coil...Sometimes it takes me a while to get it sorted out, but I always get her to work again...you just have to pet her the right way...

HH,

I use my AT Pro on salt beaches all the time with no problems, I use the standard 8.5X11 DD coil. First I ground balance, then I adjust sens. on the fly and when machine is stable I do another ground balance and it does real well.