Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Noisy CTX - Normal?

GKMan said:
Hey Poker
I was going to put the bottom of the coil in the dip, not the whole thing.

Ok, now that is funny!

I'm gonna take Larry's advice and go naked with my coils in the future. I have owned some machines where I swung their coils for 5 out of 7 days a week for a couple years and never had any issues with wear. I think the concept of "coil wear" is somewhat of a myth, and basically sells covers. Well that is assuming people are not using their coils to mow the lawn or chop hay! And I haven't done any detecting on the sidewalks or in the street where I can see it would be very abrasive. Call me a sissy, but cutting a plug is concrete is just too hard, even with the best of diggers. :rofl:

The Shark

Very helpful discussion. Thank you all. Happened to me as well, but I was using steel tip boots yesterday, once got back home, changed my boots the machine was stable again.