Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

NOKTA/MACRO PULSE DIVE... A REAL ___GAME CHANGER___???

Hello Folks,

It is with __great privilege__ that I want to be the FIRST to give you what I honestly feel is an IMPORTANT HEADS UP...on what could easily be a __GAME CHANGER__ IN DETECTING EQUIPMENT, NAMELY THE BRAND NEW PATENTED... NOKTA/MACRO __PULSE DIVE__ SCUBA DETECTOR & PIN POINTER. (Two in One)

In all fairness of fair disclosure, I will let you know that I am the Nokta/Macro South-Eastern United States (primarily Florida) Beta Tester. I have been privileged to be selected to receive this new PulseDive a few weeks ago for complete testing both above and below the water. With my 30+ years as a commercial salvage diver, N/M felt I was qualified. Beta Testing may sound like a fun, exciting job, but it is anything but...you are expected to get it right the first time, tests, measurements, ergonomics, mistakes, changes necessary, everything. And everybody throughout the world in this position, "melds the data" into a finished product at Nokta/Macro, that the final recipient...YOU...should love and enjoy for years to come! And so I take this job seriously...but with no monetary renumeration whatsoever. (I have also done software Beta Testing for Minelab...--finally-- getting their "exchange 2" program to work on a Mac. Many, many long nights online with the main office in Australia).

LET'S BEGIN!

Let me say this....this is one unique machine! Something totally new! A COMBINATION DETECTOR...WITH A DIVING COIL AND A PIN POINTER THAT INTERCHANGE. Huh? Like I said...Game Changer. I really believe that. And since you folks are family...you should get a shot at the FIRST BATCH. The price is amazingly low for this product...What $189.00??? And you can buy it either way...just $119.00 for the Pin Pointer alone! But for that -small a difference- I would really suggest you buy the entire, full kit in the case for $189.00. Just for resale value...but you won't be selling this anytime soon! And FINALLY A PAIRED WIRELESS PIN POINTER for with the 2.4 KHZ. "Green" headphones. Anfibio people rejoice...a WIRELESS PIN POINTER...FINALLY. Even the small 6" (actually 5 5/8") scuba coil could be used to check your "troublesome" holes on the beach. Just scan the sides and bottom of the hole with the scuba coil and end the needless digging!

I'm sorry I cannot at this time provide pictures, but everything is up now at the Nokta/Macro Technologies website...www. noktadetectors.com Please take a look, the pictures are beautiful, how they rotate, in crisp, clear color, will make you feel like it is "almost" in your hand! This is one handsome unit...I guess like that matters, right? (; But it's really something you will want to put out on the table or shelf so a detectorist buddy or dive buddy walks in and says...What's THAT???

Here are some of the specs...some you might find difficult to even believe.... depth rating of the famous "Garrett Carrot"...10 TEN FEET. Depth rating of the N/M PulseDive PinPointer....ready???... 200 FEET, YES TWO HUNDRED FEET. :) Pressure tested, verified...200 FEET...Pin Pointer or Scuba Coil on the Interchangeable Body.

The size and weight is as follows.... using the "Garrett Carrot" for comparison. THIS...is also a major GAME CHANGER...IN THAT THE DETECTION DISTANCE SHOULD ALSO MAKE THIS THE WORLD'S MOST POWERFUL (non-military/gov) PIN POINTER!!! To me that's worth buying it alone...to get the maximum productivity in finding your targets in the hole. How much time do we often waste...trying to find that elusive target, often in the side-walls? If I can get an honest (and it is a CONSERVATIVE HONEST) EXTRA QUARTER INCH... IT WILL PAY IN SPADES!
But hear this...N/M is actually tuning the final version (right now as we speak) to give it even MORE RANGE and A FASTER RECOVERY SPEED! In my hundred or so holes this new PPer has been tested on, the PPer was in all respects...is a joy to use. You notice right away that extra quarter inch. And the tone and volume levels are PERFECT. So much nicer a tone than the Garrett Carrot...IMHO. And plenty loud, but not too loud in the headphones.

First off: PAIRED WIRELESS....USING MY ANFIBIO, JUST KEEP THE HEADPHONES ON.

Second: The Pin Pointer is 10 3/4" LONG... (the GC: 9") I absolutely love the extra length, but's it's only less than 2" longer. In you hand, it seems longer. It gives superb reach out and down into the hole, instead of having to "crowd" the hole with your body. The ergonomics are a 10 out of 10 to me...you end up flexing only your hand and wrist while searching for the target, not your whole arm. Much nicer on deeper holes. All thanks to the extra "reach" of only 1 3/4". With the extra range, you just seem to get the "beeping" started sooner, more often than not.

Third: The hand grip is made for a man. Perfect full grip. The N/M PPer is only 2" wide, (where the GC is 1 3/4".) But does that quarter inch make a difference in a solid grip! Much more comfortable to me in long term use. Even the buttons are recessed into the body of the detector to avoid inadvertent hits. You can have it "beep," vibrate, or "beep/vibrate all at once. Five levels of power on each of these three modes! And it has a --really powerful-- LED light on the body too. No more dark deep holes!

Fourth: Weight...You would think the N/M PPer would be substantially heavier. But it is not...it is only 2.8 ounces more! (The N/M: 7.5 oz. the GC: 4.7 oz.)

There is IMHO...nothing really NOT to my liking...in fact just last night Ms. Dilek called me and stated: "So you are pleased with the PulseDive Pin Pointer? I replied: "I absolutely LOVE IT." "There is not a thing about it that I would change."

(We still adamantly argue (in good nature) about the use of silicone grease on the o-rings and threads, but in the end...that may be --your option-- IF AND ONLY IF...you understand that with the use of silicone grease comes keeping everything that seals -surgically clean-. Not one grain of sand/salt/dirt in the seals can be tolerated at 200 feet deep...It is standard diving practice. But are you even going that deep? But please follow your manual for final instructions.

When exchanging the tip from PPer to Scuba Coil, or vise versa...the joint where the head meets must be cleaned before disassembly. There is a recessed groove that needs cleaning. An old toothbrush and running fresh water and -one minute- are all you need. Same if removing the end cap. That's all for maintenance...keep it clean, wash the unit off good with fresh water after every salt water or polluted fresh water dive... as soon as possible (a bottle of fresh water in your car is plenty), very important: keep it out of the sun...except when diving. I'll probably "catch hell" for bringing up the maintenance on the first intro report. That's fine...but no one is going to lose a unit to dirt and sand causing a leak...and flooding out...not on my watch! :)

Oh...and the PulseDive comes in either "Stealth Black", or a sexy yellow and black "Hi-Vis Yellow" combo. I like them both. This PulseDive is going to be a BIG WINNER! How can it not be? Probably the greatest range PPer on the market today. Please visit the Nokta/Macro website for a quick look at the pictures after reading all this. I really cannot do it justice...these are just the BASICS.

God Bless...and I hope you enjoy owning one of these. Jack Barlow

PS: (The introductory price may need to be revised upward in the future...costs are always on the rise.) I would say grab one of these while you can! Thanks.

Jack your right about the PulseDive, I have had the chance to test one as well. With the 40 point frequency shift control, makes the SD when used as a pinpointer interference free when powered on next to a land detector. I found I no longer have to worry about my detector going nuts.

There's a simple little trick to increase the depth of my "sample" PulseDive with just a piece of copper tape along the side of the barrel. Approx. 1 1/2" on a coin sized target.

Overall performance I found is better than its orange competitor. Being able to switch from scuba search coil to pinpointer coil is a bonus.
So the pre-production unit is super nice, the actual production units are to be better.

Can't wait for mine to come!

I want to see some comparisons to the Scuba Tector. Will this Pulse Dive be truly deeper? I have yet to see anything but talk. The proof is in the video....where is it?

The question is: Is this any deeper than the "orange competitor"? It does not appear so from the scant few reviews that I have been reading. Please share some details on detection depth for small rings, jewelry and quarters as compared to the Scuba Tector.

Those testers who will actually doing videos will be getting the latest version with upgrades and increased performance over the production units. Until that happens, testers are bound by the rules not to make videos with the current pre-production samples.

So guys who want video comparisons to the orange competitor, you'll have to wait.
I have had the orange unit, for the price I would chose the PulseDive, to me its a better unit all the way around. Like anything else you have a choice which one to buy, both will get the job done. The PulseDive, the 3 control buttons are easier to manipulate to make controls.

Sven said:
Those testers who will actually doing videos will be getting the latest version with upgrades and increased performance over the production units. Until that happens, testers are bound by the rules not to make videos with the current pre-production samples.

So guys who want video comparisons to the orange competitor, you'll have to wait.
I have had the orange unit, for the price I would chose the PulseDive, to me its a better unit all the way around. Like anything else you have a choice which one to buy, both will get the job done. The PulseDive, the 3 control buttons are easier to manipulate to make controls.
I sold the orange one a few days ago thinking the PDive would be more versatile and anticipating the release and purchase of the Simplex, should be a good combo for me and the type of hunting I do.

NOKTA/MACRO's NEW "PULSE DIVE" (FINAL VERSION IS ON ITS WAY)!!! Ms. Dilek has just informed me that the FINAL VERSION of the PULSE DIVE (to be released to the public) IS ON ITS WAY to me for any final, last minute notes! I am hoping then to get some solid, depth/range testing done. Possibly even a video. I know you all want to see if the DEPTH/RANGE of the PinPointer is truly the BEST IN CLASS. Plain and simple...IT IS. The RANGE on larger metal objects is just off the charts.

I was out just this afternoon with the PulseDive in PinPointer mode, and once again, I can reaffirm that this new machine is just a joy to use! As I mentioned...the extra length allows you to not have to "Crowd" the hole with your body, and reach down in so far and around. More a hand/wrist action instead of using your entire arm. And you generally come out clean, not with dirt down the cuffs of your gloves.

This may be a minor point to some of you detectorists...but I know for a fact the other pin pointers I had ate through the 9V batteries quite often. On every outing, either my wife or I were changing out a Pin Pointer battery. The 9Volt batteries add up in cost too, but its more the loss of detection range that goes on for some time until you realize that you need a new battery. I love the fact that this Pulse Dive PinPointer is FULLY RECHARGEABLE. Good Bye throw away batteries and dollars!

Stay posted for more reports and very accurate depth/range comparisons. Thank you.

Jack Barlow

I really need to see side by side comparison of depth and sensitivity with this detector and the Scuba Tector. Particularly with small gold rings/chains. Are you going to post on Youtube? If so, please let us know when it is on.

WILL DO "COMISOAS" Awaiting the arrival of the finished product from Istanbul as we speak. THEN...we will meet out on Main St., U.S.A., at __High Noon__ for the shoot out! Once and for all. Frankly I used the PulseDive PPer for 3 hours again tonight, and even if the detection range was only the same as a Carrot, (WHICH IT'S NOT) I WOULD STILL KEEP IT FOR THE RIDICULOUS LOW PRICE OF $119, JUST FOR THE HANDY SIZE AND CONVENIENCE OF USE, AND THE RECHARGEABLE BATTERY. I plug mine in every night...so simple...you just unscrew the end cap (after a quick cleaning with a toothbrush under running fresh water) and plug her in to any USB. In no time at all...full charge, today, tomorrow, and the next day...peace of mind. It's a really good feeling.

The same with the Anfibio Multi...I have the factory External Battery Pack running the "Power Plus" RNB rechargeable battery, that also fits my AT MAX. Nice...totally done with packing up all these double A and 9 Volt disposable batteries, getting the polarity's all right, and not mixing up old with new batteries, keeping them clean and sorted, on and on. Now...nothing but high quality reliable rechargeable batteries in everything I own...detector wise.. These sweet little pods just slide in and done. And you just go detecting time after time after time...with a full main's battery, AND the External Battery Pack. And if using just the Anfibio...I have the main's battery, and TWO of these sweet RNB batteries to slip in as needed. Yes...they were originally sourced for the Garrett AT MAX, but fit the Anfibio PERFECT. (and they fit other N/M models I'm told. Please do your own research on that). I got the last one on the e engine bay and offered the guy half a rock...he wanted $60, but accepted my offer. These RNB Batts are well worth the coin! Enough said.

I am interested only in the Dive attachment for underwater. Please compare that to the Scuba Tector. Side by side shootout. Small rings, gold and silver, chains and quarters. I am sitting on the edge of my seat awaiting this video :)

I just watched a recent video on YT, "New Nokta/Makro pulse dive, scuba metal detecting uk". The tester showed the depth tests, in inches, of several large European coins. First he tested with the pinpointer. Then he put the scuba attachment on and tested the coins. Next to the coins, you can see his wedding ring sitting there. Never even tested it. I am starting to have my doubts as to the sensitivity of this unit to small gold! The only thing he did was run his hand ( with the ring on) over the top of the coil quickly and got a beep. That is not a depth test for jewlery.

Only today did the new and final, retail version of the Nokta/Makro PulseDive arrive at my home from Istanbul. The new PulseDive is on charge as we speak. This one that came today is the very handsome "HiVis Yellow." I actually like them both color wise, depending on conditions. In an area that you DO NOT want to draw attention to yourself...the "Stealth Black" is the ticket. For any situations such as murky waters and using it for diving that day...the "HiVis Yellow" would be my choice for obvious reasons. You have to decide what conditions you will experience most often.

Unfortunately...I do not have a ScubaTector, nor access to one, so I have called upon my good friend Ross in Hawaii, who does. I have forwarded your request to see if Ross will help us out with some testing. Please stand-by to see if we can get some comparison testing with the ScubaTector. Frankly...I have no idea about how the 6" (actually 5 5/8") Scuba Coil will perform. But I guarantee you...we WILL find out!

This email just came in as I was writing this...from RICHARD @BACKWOODS METAL DETECTORS...a fine southern gentleman, who has been a metal detector dealer for over 30 years, has forgot more about detecting than I will ever know, and is a LONG TIME BOARD SPONSOR HERE. Please check with Richard as he is very knowledgeable and a fine man to deal with. Here is what Richard just emailed me: "Steve, I like it.. I have already sold one.. pre-order.. should be a good seller.. Thanks Richard" There you have it. If you know Richard....he calls "An Ace an Ace."

I wasn't going to say anything tonight until the battery was up and full, but the results can only get better. Remember reading this in my original post? "You notice right away that extra quarter inch." ___WELL YOU CAN DOUBLE THAT!!!___ I'm 63 years old, and I have no idea where these words even came from...but as I slid that quarter up along the wooden yardstick toward that ___"Yellow Bird"___ just idling down there at the end, with her nose touching the end of the yardstick, I said to myself: THIS THING IS "OFF THE CHAIN!!!" WoW!!! ....A REAL GAME CHANGER...it really is. A HALF INCH MORE THAN A CARROT??? Come on...really? REALLY. I'm using the number of 2 3/4" as a base line readout. To be considered a valid number, no intermediate beeping would be accepted. The quarter held vertical and still on the yardstick, and the PulseDive giving a --constant reading only--. I must of ran the tests with both the black and yellow ones for an hour. It was like I couldn't believe it myself. I guess that's the POWER of PULSE TECHNOLOGY.... Now my reading was actually 1/16" steady more, but in all fairness I have my tip of my Garrett Carrot coated in liquid plastic, that my tests showed took off a 1/16" in detection range.

I would actually like to coat the PulseDive with this canned plastic liquid by the name of Performix "Plasti Dip" available at any of the large online houses. You simply dip the PPer tip down in about 4" (but not over the light) and it comes out with a twist of your wrist, and settles in smooth! Did you ever see the man spinning cotton candy? Same wrist action! :) I think being plastic that it also -cushions a bit- as well from the hard hits of constant use on hard soil days. And if you keep the can tightly sealed like with clear shipping tape, you can get multiple uses out of one can...under $10. And it lasts amazingly well on the PPer, months and months! And so easy to touch up...with one quick dip!

BUT...Before doing this...check with Nokta/Macro if your warranty would be affected in any way! Just to be safe. I have not discussed this yet with Ms. Dilek, but I see no harm. Using the "protective cap" that comes with the unit -does degrade- the maximum range/depth. Use this tool as a "hand assist" in changing out tips. It gives you a better grip for removing and replacing the different tips, as the fit is quite tight, in order to hold pressure to a massive 200 feet deep. (I used to earn my living down in those depths...my suggestion... Don't go down there...it ain't a pretty place at all, not at that depth).

The only little glitch I found, was that due to the Pulse Technology... the PulseDive In PPer mode...was insensitive to small, thin, round pieces of very light, degraded tin foil. Until you got a little thickness or up in size like to about a nickel, the foil was almost invisible. But I quickly learned that when the PulseDive hit the hole, and checked the plug, and nothing, the target was small, thin foil...every time...period. How did I know? I used our Garrett Carrot to ferret out each and every piece on all the early holes. What work that was! I finally moved on...after dozens of tests, knowing it was thin, very light, crumpled up small foil. Now this was still with the pre-production unit, so I am not sure as yet, if the final version reacts different. I know the engineers at Nokta/Makro did increase the recovery speed and a slight power increase in the final version. I mean...not making excuses...but when was the last time you looked at a piece of tin foil and said, wow, that's a nice one!!! (; (; (;

And now that the cat is out of the proverbial bag... I would suggest you decide soon... if one of these PulseDives might be for you??? "If you build it, they will come." And That Part...I can guarantee you! They will come. Thank you.

Thanks so much Jack. Please test some small gold rings and perhaps a gold chain for depth. I can't wait to see/hear the results! I am on the edge of my seat here in North Carolina! Just how sensitive is the new underwater coil? We shall see.

My friend Ross in Hawaii does in fact own a "ScubaTector" AND another U/W model besides! He is sending me a video of range/depth testing with these two models. I WILL SHARE THE NUMBERS...I DON'T CARE IF THEY ARE ---TWICE--- AS GOOD AS THE PULSEDIVE! I have my faults...but I'm not a liar.

I did quite a bit of testing myself tonight with the PulseDive with the Scuba Coil on. Unfortunately...nothing earth shattering like the Pin Pointer results. But what did impress me that was unexpected...was the extremely FAST RECOVERY SPEED! You could swing that thing (well not THAT thing) at as FAST AS YOU COULD, WITHOUT RISKING A WRIST INJURY. So this tells me in practical "meat & potatoes," terms...that you could literally HIT THE BEACHES...swim around underwater LIKE A CRAZY MAN, BACK AND FORTH ALL OVER THE PLACE, REALLY ENJOYING YOURSELF! IF THE TARGET IS WITHIN THE RANGE...IT WILL READ OUT CLEARLY! The PulseDive seems to READ LIKE NUTS, or NOTHING, QUIET. That is why my test results are only down to 1/4".

Frankly...I feel good about NOT testing a competitors product on my own. Too easy for some to say the tests were not fair, biased, this or that. Trust me...I'm not going to cheat anyone over a metal detector reading. WHAT IT IS...IS WHAT IT IS. Nothing can change that. To me...with many hours now on two of these PulseDive machines....The PinPointer ALONE is worth the purchase price of only $119, IMHO. My wife and I already have plans to use these up north in The Great Lakes beach areas of Lake Michigan and Green Bay. We're just fighting over who gets the "HiVis Yellow!" It really is a sharp looking machine! As stupid as that may sound. Nokta/Macro has one fine eye for art, color, and expression...guess who...Ms. Dilek!!! Really, she has had a ton of input on this final design...me? I just fight for a very small, pea sized application of silicone grease to the threads and O-Rings, and end cap threads and O-ring!!! :)

Exciting thoughts.... so simple to enjoy yourself (especially as you get older) just "motoring along" snorkeling at a snail's pace, in the shallows, only a foot or two deep, because this is where many of the fine gold jewelry is, especially the wedding bands with the rocks! I have seen it time and again in the posted ads looking for help finding their (lost on the beach or lake) wedding band. The ladies are sitting in a foot of water, playing with the grandchildren, and as their skin shrinks from the water immersion, and the kids are rough housing a little, and off goes the big diamond wedding ring!!! :) :) :)

I think my methodology was simple yet sound for this testing tonight. I extended from my work bench a 3' wood yardstick. I made sure it was free of targets out by the end, by running the PulseDive along the outer foot of stick. Then I measured off a simple paint stick which is a foot long. I marked every two inches, where needed every inch. Now I placed the target (I think you will like my "dream" targets, all found by "yours truly,") at the same place on the yardstick each test (at the 12" mark). I then slid the paint stick vertical along the yardstick towards the target. I held the PulseDive Scuba Coil to a line on the -paint stick- again perpendicular to the paint stick, facing down towards the yardstick and target. Not nearly as complicated as it sounds! And actually I believe...fairly accurate!

I'm sure there are better ways, but this worked as I said especially because the PulseDive Scuba Coil seems to read more of a "On/Off" type readings, instead of a lot of variance. (Totally different behavior than the PinPointer Tip.) And so...one by one...I did these targets. I think the variety is good, with a nice mix of gold and silver. Also a good mix of sizes and weights from the very tiny $1 gold piece, to the big, fat & sassy "Piece of Eight." (I just realized I forgot the gold chains...tomorrow, sorry.) Please remember with these results...I did the best I could all alone. And also please remember...this is a small hand held unit, NOT a big, regular metal detector! If you are expecting to see the same big readings, like a foot, as say the Anfibio...you will be sadly mistaken. But for the purpose the PulseDive is designed for...with this SUPER FAST RECOVERY SPEED...I personally am well pleased, and very much looking forward to hopping in the water with one of these. As I said...It's a WIN-WIN regardless. Price wise...you are literally only paying for one of the functions. So enjoy!

I'll post the results from my friend as soon as I have them...oh yeah...and a thin gold chain...oh, a thin one I don't have, sorry. I have a gold 14k bracelet I found too. We'll throw that also at the paint stick!!! Have a good one! :) PS: Let me know what you think...I have no idea what these hand held scuba coils should read. Be fair...be honest! I was! :) :) :)

Sears top section of full tool box (from the side) PPer 15" ScubaCoil 21"

No particular order or metal, please read carefully for accurate comparisons...please remember...testing to only 1/4" minimum. Thank you.

Clad Quarter...4"

Silver wedding band 1865 Karat Unknown (no markings) (thinner width)...4 3/4"

Gold men's 18K 1880s wedding band...(normal width)... 5 1/2" (more like it! and the right target too!)

$1 gold U.S. coin/"piece" (large variety, 1854)... 3 1/4" (very thin, tiny coin, I was surprised on that good a reading in comparison!) IMPORTANT NOTE: THIS WAS THE ONLY COIN/TARGET THAT YOU COULD "MISS IT"...EVERY 4TH OR 5TH HIGH SPEED PASS, WHERE THE RECOVERY SPEED COULD NOT KEEP UP! To me...hardly worth worrying about, the likelihood of missing a $1 gold piece, unless in an area where these have been found in the past.

Silver Roman Denarius 138 B.C. coin.... (very small, smaller than the U.S. $1) very thin... 4 1/4" (Seems to LOVE SILVER!!! IMPRESSIVE READING FOR THIS COIN!

English Gold Sovereign 1854, 22 karat (1/4 ounce pure gold, size of a nickel)... 5"

Silver 1715 Spanish 8 Reales (famous "Piece of Eight" of pirate lore) 1 ounce...."should" be a foot reading, guessing by this big slab of silver, but its only 5 3/4"

THESE WERE ACTUALLY INTERESTING TESTS, AND I ENJOYED THEM! I love it when you get results that you were not expecting! THAT...is what makes the testing so valuable. If you enjoyed this too...a couple words WITH -YOUR THOUGHTS AND IDEAS- would be great! :)

Thanks!
Jack

Thanks Jack. Are you going to post a video on Youtube showing this? I am really interested in different types of jewelry. I am well aquainted with the Scuba Tector and would like to see the Pulse Dive depth test on jewelry. I am interested in sensitivity. There are plenty of depth test videos online showing the Scuba Tector depth results. I want to see a video on the Pulse Dive with different types of jewelry. There is not a good one out yet on Youtube.

I don't think people are concerned with "recovery speed". People are concerned with the sensitivity and depth on jewelry, particularly small jewelery. Also, video recordings of depth tests don't lie. Visuals don't lie. That is all we want to see. And as for recovery speed, the Scuba Tector is on point.
Thanks Jack.