Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

NOKTA/MACRO PULSE DIVE... A REAL ___GAME CHANGER___???

Please STAND BY for some final testing as requested of again my men's 18 Karat gold medium width wedding band, and my wife's diamond engagement ring, normal width 14 Karat gold. Using the Scuba Coil...the mens ring rang up at a very respectable 5 1/2" on the first test. The battery on the final production unit seems to be taking a deeper charge and for whatever reason...the results are slightly better too. But every 1/8" is nothing to disregard!

Just for those not following all this...I am getting a very respectable, FULL 3" DEPTH/RANGE on the new final version PulseDive, and 2 3/4" on the original test version...PINPOINTER MODE. So Nokta/Makro....good job...you did gain 1/4" on the final production product as you promised! And for those interested...the RECOVERY SPEED IS LIGHTENING FAST with the scuba coil on! Meaning if snorkeling or busy land detecting, you can charge along at a very fast clip! The machine will indeed keep up.

I keep thinking of all those deep holes at the beach... in the wet sand, caving in, as you FIGHT to find the target in time! This PulseDive could be ready in your pouch, with the Scuba Coil on, and you could quickly hammer the bottom and side walls of the hole. How often have the side walls been hiding the target all along, as we are HELL BENT to only think it must be deeper, as the hole collapses in on us??? This I think will be one of my favorite uses of the PulseDive!. Good Luck! (Testing to follow in the next 2 days).

Jack

You can post youtube videos here, I believe the only rules are no adverts, and comparison vids have to go on the comparisons board or something to that affect.

Ok... I finally wrestled the wedding rings away from the wife! Let’s finish this up, and if anyone wants to join in with some testing...be my guest!

I thought it might be more practical to re-test most of the items. I lost a gold Sovereign somewhere in the house still my last testing... NICE!!!

NOTE: THESE TESTS TONIGHT ARE ALL PIN POINTER TESTS ON FULL POWER LEVEL 5. But instead of just a pointer tip test, in reality in the field, we normally end up with both some tip readouts, but an awful lot of SIDE OF TIP READOUTS. And so most of the same items are re-tested in this fashion (including the wedding rings).

1. Wood yardstick extends far beyond end of work bench to be clear of any erroneous signals.
2. Target is placed at the 12” mark.
3. Paint stick, measured and labeled is used by standing it perfectly vertical up from 13” on yardstick. (Most of the targets occupied close to that 1” square.
4. The PulseDive was powered on separately each test, and “walked” up to Power 5.
5. The test would commence by HOLDING THE PIN POINTER SIDEWAYS ACROSS THE PAINT STICK, squaring it up by lining up the flat of PPer tip, with the far side of paint stick. 6. Mike sound a bit hokey... but it is not! The paint stick has a factory square end to sit flush on the yardstick, and by lining up the tip of the PPer with the again factory square edge of paint stick, -all is held in square-!
7. Now you simply let the vertical paint stick sit on 13”, and slowly raise and lower the PPer until you have achieved A STEADY ON READOUT! Not, I repeat not, any intermittent readings would be accepted! Only a steady full time beating.

As I mentioned... a SIDE-TIP READOUT (but just in from the tip, to be exact, the width of a paint stick) on these targets may very well be a more practical real to life test.

(THIS TEST WILL —HAVE A REAL BENEFIT— BY ADDING THE WEIGHTS ADDED IN FOR EACH ITEM !!! Enjoy.

Woman’s Engagement Ring. 4.5 grams. 14 karat gold . 2”. Please remember: SIDE TIP READOUT

Women’s Wedding Band Ring. 3.7 grams 14 karat gold. 2”. “. “

Woman’s (grandmother’s). VERY THIN wedding band. 0.09 grams. 18 karat gold. 3/4”

Woman’s Earring Stud. 0.03 grams. 14 karat gold. No reading/zero. Even with tip straight down against it. (Pulse Induction Technology)

Women’s Bracelet 7”. 13.5 grams. 14 karat gold. 1”.

Men’s heavy gold ring w/2.5 dollar gold piece. 14 karat Ring, 22 karat coin. 20.2 grams. 4”

Men’s medium width wedding band. 18 karat gold. 3.8 grams. 2 1/2”

Roman Denarius coin. Silver. 2.3 grams. 2 1/4”

1851 $1 Gold Piece coin. Gold 22 karat. 1.7 grams. 1 3/4”

1941 Silver Dime. Silver. 2.4 grams. 2”

1715 Spanish 8 Reales. Silver. 27.2 grams. 2 3/4”

Quarter Clad. 2”

Thank you!

i see now on videos Comisoas, that there are in fact a good twenty or more video's on the PulseDive showing testing in and out the water. Have you viewed all these one by one? Some you must try varied search criteria. Maybe that was holding you back? Good Luck...when you find what it is that you are exactly hunting for, please let us know. Someone here may be glad to do a UTube for your exact questions??? Thank you.

My PD came in this week and I got out with it yesterday. Just a quick impression is that it is easier to adjust strength in a usable way than any other I've used. It was very helpful to run it up and down power wise on a deep target that was deeper and harder to locate. I am thinking it will be very useful with some disappearing targets at the beach. I'll post when I have something to say on that.

Nice to Hear Pastor Tom! I am very happy that one of the first customer reports sounds very possible. Were you using it in PPer mode or with the Scuba Coil? We dichotomy here...for the veracity of our reports. I work for Nokta/Macro as the Southern U.S. Wholesale Sales Rep...so my posts might be taken with a grain of salt, where your posts as "A man of the Cloth" will be eagerly received! Please keep these reports coming! Where you surprised at how powerful even Power Setting #1 is? I thought early on, that the engineers at Nokta/Macro made a mistake by having the machine default down to Power Level 1 on each start-up. Until I realized that the vast majority of targets will be easily and readily detected on Power Level 1. Only if you are still having difficulty, would you raise up the power to a higher number like 4 or 5.

In regard to your beach comment Pastor....I too thought to load the machine with the Scuba Coil and just stick it away in a handy pouch on my belt with quick access. I use a plain old high visability yellow diving weight belt. Very sturdy to hold a full wrap of items from one side to the other! That way when the main machine has issues with a target location, just run the PulseDive up and down the side walls looking for that sleeper target attempting to evade you!!! Show em who is Boss...there "Boss". And the best of blessings be availed to you Pastor. I always looked upon the history and metal detecting as pleasing to the Lord, so long as permission
is granted on private lands, and a nice neat, 3 sider plug dug each time in parks and other public areas, to allow the grass to recover. If these couple items are looked upon as necessary to keep the sport alive, then all the rest will come with a happy, joyous day of fun and finds.

My wife Ann and I will be Civil War hunting in three weeks in Tennessee with Richard from Backwoods Metal Detectors. A long time board sponsor here, and a great man to deal with in all respects. Not sure about calling Richard? Just ask Richard to BEAT YOUR BEAT DEAL, AND YOU WILL HAVE A WIN, WIN, FOR SURE. Richard is a fine southern gentleman in his 70s, and honesty is his ONLY POLICY PERIOD...this I can tell you. When I bought my new Anfibio Multi in Nov., last, having to trade in my White's BeachHunter ID/300, it sat and sat. Finally I said to Richard... "I'm ready to buy that Beachhunter back from you." He jumped me..." NO, you won't!" "A deal is a deal." "Now that machine is mine to do with as I see fit. " And sure enough about a week later, a fellow through in one bid, the minimum on the big auction house, and it was sold. But that goes to show how he would not even consider taking it back!!! So if you have a clean trade for a nice new state-of-the-art Anfibio Multi...or another NOKTA/MACRO model... just give Richard a call or email at Backwoods. He has a new website now with great deals on all kinds of odds and ends. A quick, little prayer Pastor Tom would be greatly appreciated for this expedition of us three. Thanks very much...and keep those reports coming. Many are waiting to hear some "meat and potatoes" reports from the field. Yours was a fine start! Thank you.

Not sure which forum that I had asked the question, but I believe it was this on in another thread. My question was how does the nokta PD handle small gold. I am not talking about rings or coins but nuggets as I do more prospecting than coin hunting.
No one answered the question which tells me either no one prospects on these forums, or the pinpointer cannot detect small gold, I'm talking the size of a match head and smaller.

Bottom line the orange PP cannot find small gold even while touching it, the wife's whites will while touching, but his is not what I am looking for in a PP, If I can touch it, I can see it so who needs a PP for that. I ordered a Nokta yesterday and will post the results here.Why would any one want to locate small gold, fun exercise, I walk miles up and down steep canyons, the last thing you want to do is spend 30 - 60 minutes chasing a target, I've lost many small targets, try it, get a piece of aluminum the size of a match head and then cut it in half, bury it down 3 inches and try to recover it. You will not find it as easy as you will a coin or ring. BB's and bird shot are easier to find than the aluminum.

Will I send it back if it will not find the gold, I don't know yet as I do occasionally hunt parks, and I wanted a new PP, or I should say a decent PP, as the orange one is only an area locator, which my metal detector already is an area locator.

I have some 12 grain to 1.5 grain nuggets, will check with my PD sample unit and post back later

Keep in mind I have a pre-production sample unit. Production units have increased depth/sensitivity. But, don't think it would be much more than mine when it comes to gold nuggets.
Pictured from left to right:

12 grain Alaskan Gold
3.2 grain Alaskan Gold
Small Calif. Flake Gold
2.2 grain Alaskan Gold
1.4 grain Alaskan Gold
1.2 grain Alaskan Gold
Vial of Georgia Flake Gold

Air Test, full sensitivity
As a Pinpointer:
12 grain nugget--------------25mm
3.2 grain nugget------------- 5mm
2.2 grain nugget------------- 1mm
Will not detect any nugget smaller

With the scuba coil attached:
12 grain-----------------------15mm
Will not detect anything smaller

Also, will add that I tested the Deteknix Li Wader Orange Pinpointer on the gold nuggets as well at full sensitivity.
It would only detect the 12 grain nugget to 10mm

LET'S TRY IF WE CAN TO KEEP ALL THE PULSEDIVE INFO "CENTRALIZED" HERE FOR QUICK ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS.

TOP TIP: On the PulseDive the company supplies you with a__ protective plastic sleeve__. Use this (if needed) to assist in removing and exchanging the PPer Tip for the Scuba Coil. Nokta/Macro suggests you also you use this a protector on the PPing tip while detecting. You can do this and it works nicely. ---But know this...your depth/range of the PPer will be diminished---. It is far better to either dip the tip as I explained in a prior post with liquid plastic OR buy those rubber tips that slide on the very last inch of the tip to protect it. I tried installing two different brands today. One was shorter and went on easily without issue. Of course a quick misting of silicone spray always helps in these matters. The 2nd type was longer and a bit narrower, that one was difficult to get on. I again sprayed it with silicone, and carefully worked it down the shaft tip....little by little. They both work fine! These can be bought at the big auction house for only a couple dollars, often in a set of 3 for spares.

But again...if you use the plastic "protector cap" you will lose quite a bit of depth. My 2 methods are preferred. But use some form of protection to protect your warranty. The matrix blend of polymers yielded a superb strong housing. I used one of my PulseDives without protection for some time in hard ground. You could barely see a scratch! I must say... I was quite impressed compared to seeing quick scratches on the other top brands. I think Nokta/Macro has the best housing material bar none. But what if a hairline crack appeared from hard use with no protection? So to be safe with your WARRANTY.... PLEASE USE A DIP METHOD, OR A RUBBER BOOT...BOTH WORK WELL.

Of course with the dip you get further protection down the entire length (up to the light) of the shaft, and a thicker coat (done via several dips) gives you more concussive protection. I prefer the Plastic-Dip, it lasts extremely well, is easily recoated several times out of the same $12 can, and can be cut and peeled cleanly off at any time. And very minimal signal loss... -1/16". But at least for the time being...get the rubber tips for quick, easy protection. You know...there is a lot of stuff lurking down in that dirt, not all good !!! (;

Jack

Yay, finally I have found a simple, yet effective video of a comparison between the Pulse Dive and Scuba Tector! The test was first an air test with a coin. Virtually the same. Next was a small silver ring, where the Pulse Dive was about 1 cm deeper. Next, the gentleman buried the coin and the ring in wet sand. The max depth was found with the Pulse Dive. Then, the Scuba Tector was used over the same items. The Scuba Tector could not detect them. So, the verdict is in. The Pulse Dive max sensitivity VS the Scuba Tector max sensitivity........the Pulse Dive wins. THAT is the video I was waiting for. Simple and to the point. We have a winner.

AMEN BROTHER...AMEN!!! And I believe YOU will add solid credence to this very fact...as the long time skeptic who wanted a video. THE PULSE DIVE IS THE WINNER!!! FREE BEER TOMORROW MY FRIENDS. COMISOAS IS BUYING...HE IS SO HAPPY NOW!!! Seriously...I'm happy you found the results you were looking for, for such a long time. But may I ask...will you now consider selling your scuba-tector and actually buying a PulseDive.

I just had one of the most experienced treasure salvage captains over this weekend for drinks and dinner at the house. By the time I finished my presentation on the PulseDive, he was counting out the $20s on my table. So this is actually big news...with Captain Kim Ferrell being known within the entire fleet of 1715 Spanish Treasure Hunting Boats and their captains, that if Captain Kim Ferrell bought one, there will be many more sales among the Fleet. Often the issue is how can you get a full sized machine inbetween the reef ledges to search for targets. Just to tight an area for full size detectors, but now the PulseDive. I wish them all the luck in this coming season.

Other family priorities prevent the purchase of one in the near term. The Tector will go to my son when I am able to buy a Pulse and we will double-team some hunts. I must be patient.

I use Loctite Marine epoxy which is totally metal free and I use it on my pinpointers and coils so I don't have to worry about getting sand underneath the coil cover. It will last for years.

I love mine. Got it today. My only complaint is the lack of Bluetooth. Going with 2.4 ghz locks you into Nokta headphones but mine are BT for my Nox

Just noticed my pointer cover is cracked. Dunno when it happened as my daughter was using it with me today. glued it back together but went ahead and ordered a new one anyway just to have.