Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

NOKTA MAKRO SMF LIVE LAUNCH

Wife and I bought a house in South Carolina just far enough away from the ocean to be on ground high enough to avoid the historically highest storm surge. We are between ten and fifteen minutes away from access to miles and miles of beach and have parking arranged too. I'm pretty well outfitted detector wise for beach and wading in the ocean detecting and have cut down on dirt detecting. That is why I'll wait for reports rather than get one as soon as available. I will be looking forward to your observations as well as any and all reports on wet salt sand detecting with it.
I lived in SC for over 30 years. The best beach finds we’re recent drops and few and far between. Many of the parks are off limits. some of the best hunting is private permission hunts. Check out Lowcountry Metal Detecting Club. Nice bunch of members.
I hope it has some high frequencIes so I can try it out on small gold. Already have the Gold Kruzer and really enjoy using it.

Last edited:
I lived in SC for over 30 years. The best beach finds we’re recent drops and few and far between. Many of the parks are off limits. some of the best hunting is private permission hunts. Check out Lowcountry Metal Detecting Club. Nice bunch of members.
I hope it has some high frequencIes so I can try it out on small gold. Already have the Gold Kruzer and really enjoy using it.
Thank you for the thoughts. Lowcountry Metal Detecting Club meeting place is a 3 hour one way drive.

Thank you for the thoughts. Lowcountry Metal Detecting Club meeting place is a 3 hour one way drive.
That’s a bit to far for you. You must be up north near Myrtle Beach area. Should start getting some good cuts at the beach now that the weather is changing.

That’s a bit to far for you. You must be up north near Myrtle Beach area. Should start getting some good cuts at the beach now that the weather is changing.
2.5 miles south of the border with North Carolina; Not here permanently yet. Here this week for a few days. Have things to do with the house today and plan to see the beach tomorrow.
Looking forward to reports on the SMF when it hits the streets.

Hoping to watch but not in position to order one and definitely not in position to order the new Deus. If user reports put it above equinox but at somewhat lower price I’d be interested. I’m afraid the timing of the Deus II will dampen early ordering of the new N/M

Hoping to watch but not in position to order one and definitely not in position to order the new Deus. If user reports put it above equinox but at somewhat lower price I’d be interested. I’m afraid the timing of the Deus II will dampen early ordering of the new N/M
The Dues 2 may hurt the sales but I gotta check it out and I'm not in the position to buy one eather but curious on the name they give it and its workings!!

Given NM detectors past performance levels, it would be hard to go wrong with this new SMF Legend at those price points.

Delik was a little fuzzy on the wired headphones. I believe she said you would need an adapter to use them but didn't say you could use waterproof headphones and would the adapter still make the whole unit then waterproof. Looks like this was an after thought.

I think what she was saying you can get the waterproof connector and put regular plug in water .. BUT you would need waterproof headphones to go under water

I hope you're right. Wonder if the Simplex wired waterproof headphones will work or maybe they'll have new ones for the Legend. Guess we will see, shortly.