Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nokta's Stainless beach scoop

gfatizzi

I don't get down to the beach very often but I'm headed down to the Jersey shore tomorrow and needed a relatively lightweight but strong beach scoop. I ordered Nokta's 3 in 1 scoop since I didn't want to blow a lot of money on this. I immediately realized the breakdown travel rod was way too flimsy and sloppy with a lot of play so I swapped that out for a 36" oak dowel I had laying around and cannibalized one of the rubber handles from the kit for it. It weighs in at about 3.5 lbs. I'm pleased with the way it turned out. The scoop actually looks surprisingly well built and if its anywhere near as tough as their detectors or hand digger, it should be good for an occasional beach hunt. We'll see.... HH all, George Fatizzi

Attachments

• scoop.jpg
    scoop.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 139
I don't get down to the beach very often but I'm headed down to the Jersey shore tomorrow and needed a relatively lightweight but strong beach scoop. I ordered Nokta's 3 in 1 scoop since I didn't want to blow a lot of money on this. I immediately realized the breakdown travel rod was way too flimsy and sloppy with a lot of play so I swapped that out for a 36" oak dowel I had laying around and cannibalized one of the rubber handles from the kit for it. It weighs in at about 3.5 lbs. I'm pleased with the way it turned out. The scoop actually looks surprisingly well built and if its anywhere near as tough as their detectors or hand digger, it should be good for an occasional beach hunt. We'll see.... HH all, George Fatizzi
Do you have a side pic of the scoop ?

I have one, and they are well built I use it in tot lot sandboxes, and yes here they still use sand in the sandboxes
Alot of playgrounds are using that rubberized matting instead of sand or bark for their playground pits. Insurance is the main reason I hear.

Alot of playgrounds are using that rubberized matting instead of sand or bark for their playground pits. Insurance is the main reason I hear.
Not that way here in Arizona they still use playground sand in the sandboxes, on most of the schools and parks, there are a couple of schools that have started using the rubberized mats, but most still use the sand because of cost