Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Non motion?, Pinpoint tracking and Pinpoint lock?, All metal Pinpoint?

JOSHUAWCOLVEY

I have been reading stories about people suing non motion, pinpoint tracking and pinpoint lock to find coins deep and mixed in within a lot of trash when using the ctx 3030. I think i recal seing the pinpoint lock and pinpoint tracking the other day in the menu but what is the non motion. Also i read to use the all metal pinpoint mode. Am i missing an area of my settings?

If someone might be able to shed some light on these subjects it would be great lol.

JOSHUAWCOLVEY said:
I have been reading stories about people suing non motion, pinpoint tracking and pinpoint lock to find coins deep and mixed in within a lot of trash when using the ctx 3030. I think i recal seing the pinpoint lock and pinpoint tracking the other day in the menu but what is the non motion. Also i read to use the all metal pinpoint mode. Am i missing an area of my settings?

If someone might be able to shed some light on these subjects it would be great lol.

Joshua,
Short Answer: No, you're not missing an area of your settings.

Long Answer:
The non-motion refers to the fact that the CTX pinpoint mode with SIZING and PINPOINT LOCK options on, is nothing more than a non-motion all-metal audio mode.
There's no other (non-motion) menu option to change.

It will hear all metals...deeply...and does not require that you continuously sweep the coil to get a signal.
You can easily move the coil very small amounts at extremely slow speeds...even stop...and still hear the clean audio.

There are several advantages to hunting this way, in addition to the added depth.
One is that you can distinctly hear the size, shape, and and audio quality (sound) of the target.

This allows you to use audio as your first 'discrimination', as opposed to depending solely on the numbers.
Since there's no audio disc, all the sounds are 'cleaner' and represent what's in the ground more accurately.

It's easier to spot multiple targets next to each other...as opposed to having them blend and mask into one rejected signal.

Since no motion disc is going on, another benefit is that Pinpoint mode isn't nearly affected by EMI or ground noise.
The audio signal is much cleaner and quieter.

And finally, the icing on the cake is that the CTX still displays all relevant target information on the screen...even in pinpoint mode. :)

It's an advanced technique, to be sure. It requires finesse and patience, and requires that you learn what good target should sound like.
But at some point, most people get tired of digging fresh clad, and want to go after the deeper and/or masked goodies.

And let be honest...unless you're hunting in an area no one else has ever hunted, you're going to have to do something differently from the dozens or hundreds of other guys who hunted before you.
The only way to find what the other CTX guys missed, is to do something they're not doing.

Hope that shed a little light on the issue.
Glad you're experimenting and learning with your new detector.
Good Luck, Have fun, and HH,
:)
mike

trojdor said:
JOSHUAWCOLVEY said:

Joshua,
Short Answer: No, you're not missing an area of your settings.

Long Answer:
The non-motion refers to the fact that the CTX pinpoint mode with SIZING and PINPOINT LOCK options on, is nothing more than a non-motion all-metal audio mode.
There's no other (non-motion) menu option to change.

It will hear all metals...deeply...and does not require that you continuously sweep the coil to get a signal.
You can easily move the coil very small amounts at extremely slow speeds...even stop...and still hear the clean audio.

There are several advantages to hunting this way, in addition to the added depth.
One is that you can distinctly hear the size, shape, and and audio quality (sound) of the target.

This allows you to use audio as your first 'discrimination', as opposed to depending solely on the numbers.
Since there's no audio disc, all the sounds are 'cleaner' and represent what's in the ground more accurately.

It's easier to spot multiple targets next to each other...as opposed to having them blend and mask into one rejected signal.

Since no motion disc is going on, another benefit is that Pinpoint mode isn't nearly affected by EMI or ground noise.
The audio signal is much cleaner and quieter.

And finally, the icing on the cake is that the CTX still displays all relevant target information on the screen...even in pinpoint mode. :)

It's an advanced technique, to be sure. It requires finesse and patience, and requires that you learn what good target should sound like.
But at some point, most people get tired of digging fresh clad, and want to go after the deeper and/or masked goodies.

And let be honest...unless you're hunting in an area no one else has ever hunted, you're going to have to do something differently from the dozens or hundreds of other guys who hunted before you.
The only way to find what the other CTX guys missed, is to do something they're not doing.

Hope that shed a little light on the issue.
Glad you're experimenting and learning with your new detector.
Good Luck, Have fun, and HH,
:)
mike

Thank you very much for taking the time to give me the useful information. Ill be sure to put it to use and try and learn more and new things.. I really do appreciate it sir.