Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:nopity:*** A SAD DAY INDEED ***

cloudbuster

I left work today with my V3 fitted with a brand spanking new V rated 5'3 coil which arrived today. I set off with my teckin mate to a stubble field we have been workin the last couple of days. Well the long and short of it i got totally mullered by my mate with his ropey old minelab sovereign (which must be the first one they ever built LOL) . all i had tonight was a couple of bits of bronze a couple of buttons and a coin that was so badly corroded it will never be identified. As for his finds 1x james 1st hammered sixpence, 1x william 3rd halfpenny a couple of very nice silver buttons, a good chunk of a bronze bowl (possibly roman) and a few old halfpennys. I had to listen to him crowing all the way home.

A SAD DAY INDEED !!!!!!!!!!:nopity:

all the best rob

Tomorrow's another day. Even a blind hog can find an acorn, sooner or later. I've found the "Vision" I have to be very sensitive to small items. Keep us posted on how the small coil works for you.

keep on diggin'

jimmyk in Missouri

wilco Jimmy !!! tis the first time he has beaten the V3, been using the super 12" up till now but found it a little hard work on the stubble fields. First impressions on the 5'3 are good to honest. Used a modified relic program without mixed mode with the TX boost on and RX gain at 8 and discrim at 85, all met set at 65. Great recovery on the 5'3 and pinpointing as acurate as a sniper rifle !!! ... been using this program for a week or so now with some very nice finds.

all the best rob

While your mate is in a good mood hit him up for a few beers, cause the tables will turn sooner or later:cheers:

I think the V3 has so many ajustments that you have to really know what to and how to ajust for each hunt..I like my turn and go F75

Dedicated Sovereign users are a breed apart...

J

n/t

I agree chaps, the sovereign is the only minelab i have genuine respect for. I have owned a couple myself and when the going gets tough the sovereign gets going. The only thing i am gettin a little concerned over is my silver count. My sovereign mate is hitting way more hammered than me and i have to say my silver count has dropped quite significantly since moving from the XLT to the V3. I have tried one or two different program tweeks and have settled on a slightly modified version of the relic program. i am generally running at 8-9 on rx 85 on discrim & 65 all metal, as for mixed mode i slip in and out of that depending on how trashy the area is. Most of the fields i am working have unusually low trash but very high coin count. I have used both super 12 & the 5'3 coils with both finding targets at much greater depth than the XLT, yet on many occasions the targets i am hitting are only just below the surface (stubble fields). any suggestions would be gratefully recieved.

all the best rob

It's a great detector for many !!!!

Ok gentleman, I am considering another detector. Thus far I have two prospects. The V3 and the F75. I hunt mainly old home sites and parks. Which machine should I opt for and why? I am still using a Whites 6,000 Di Pro SL.