Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Not A Bad Hunt Last Night...Only ONE Other Hunter Out There That I Saw...

...Mr. Anthony out there testing his brand new E-TRAC, spending a little too much time in the water if you ask me. ;) Watch out you don't end up with a $1400 paperweight!

I wound up with gold, silver, trash, and many coins. My back is sore this morning! Please see post over at the BS forum, HERE: http://www.findmall.com/read.php?21,826481,826481#msg-826481

...I MEANT the "BBS" forum, NOT the "BS" forum, as I said in my first post. No disrespect intended to my fellow BBS brothers over there. Though I'm sure some "Brand X"
detector folks would find it amusing. :lol:

I like that lode! I am assuming that the large men's ring IS silver? Missed that detail. Great lode Mike!

was it the coil or was it a lot of targets - or was it the e-trac.................i can not think this machine is this good. - 22q's - 25 d's - 12 n's and 62 of your buddies

all i could manage was 5 blocks with the e-trac

almost a record number for me, especially for 5 meager blocks

max

Wow...very encourageing! You DO have the gold circuit activated, right? I hear it's "Off" by default and you have to turn it on. It's supposed to be under the "advanced" settings. :lol:

Dang Mike, you cleaned up after I saw you. Me thinks you were on that honey hole and didn't want to tell me about it. Either way, very nice, I am definatly jealous! I havent seen gold in so long........

Nah...when I saw you I hadn't hit it yet...it came in about another 15 feet. Remember when I pointed to that 2 block cut and said to you "I don't know if there's anything there or not but there should be plenty of cut for everybody."? I figured you would work one end and I could work the other. Then you said you thought you were going to go up the other way and you cruised. I looked at the cut and looked at you walking away and had to scratch my head. :shrug: You shoulda stayed.

I went back last night and it had dried slam up. I got a $1.40 in chnage. :(

the SEF don't leave much mike, nice haul

There were targets everywhere, The coil you were using had no benefit to the finds. I think a Cobra Beach Magnet would have done well after this blow. The conditions were just right. I talked to someone that used it and it wouldn't pick up a gold ring at 15 inches. I do not think you should beef it up just because it was given to you from the detector superstore!

Mike, I only came over to see you to gleen what info I could on conditions since I was getting a late start. Because you were near the cut, and pointed it out, I did not want to jump into your hole and clean it out in front of you. Also, I hadn't realized you were offering me the option. Either way, I found a super cool medallion up around the peir that I wouldn't trade for a small gold ring :).

Cool...glad to hear you got some gold. As for the cut, you are always welcome to hunt anyplace I'm hunting. I mean, as long as you're at least 25 or 30 feet from me, we'll be fine...cuts down on any interference. But I'm not all "territorial" like some folks, I'm into sharing. :)

Wow...where did that attack come from? Sounds like somebody is a little jealous to me.

Let's get a few things straight.

1) There were NOT "targets everywhere", nor have there been many targets, according to everybody I've talked to and my own personal experience. That said, it's a BIG beach. I didn't see YOU out there and you didn't see ME, so how the heck do you know if there were targets or not where I was hunting?

2) I never said the coil was the reason I found the things I found. I said that the targets were few and far between until I hit the cut. Any idiot knows that when you are working a cut and digging coins like crazy it probably has little to do with the machine or the coil.

3) I DID say that the coil hit targets that were deep and made them sound like they were shallow. That's the truth and until YOU use one and do a full hunt with one and dig a great number of targets as I did, please keep in mind that your opinion has no basis in fact and is therefore somewhat worthless. I will also point out that at least two other experienced hunters from the forum have said the same thing, as I'm sure you read. So it's not just me saying. So again, until you've tried one, how

I did not find gold, the medallion is silver. Ill post a pic for you to see. What I meant was that I would not trade this for the small gold band you found. This thing is awesome, well, to me anyway.