Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Not A Bad Hunt Last Night...Only ONE Other Hunter Out There That I Saw...

It's sad when a grown man shows everybody how much of a little boy he can be. :nono:

u have crossed it a few times, but only ventured one block of so north................getting close too un-acceptable range - no fine for that:wiggle:

do not know about friday night, but saturday morning all anyone would have needed was a big rake and a pin pointer.

certainly did not need a detector, but that is what we had

so it certainly is not a fair comparrison for coils.......i said that on my post.

leave all this other crap go and maybe we can give it another spin this weekend, i for one am going to give a a spin on tues

have dr. appt. at 3pm - hilltop, then the lane

chill out and take some valuium - stacanamocis can supply - i gave her some

Mike (Virginia Beach) said:
Watch out you don't end up with a $1400 paperweight!
I

That comment cracked me up by the way and their is some truth to it. One slip of the hand or you're not paying attention, POOF, bye,bye E-TRAC.

GraveDiggerMax-VaBch-Va said:
u have crossed it a few times, but only ventured one block of so north................getting close too un-acceptable range - no fine for that:wiggle:
I got ripped off - I paid $50.00 to hunt the southside!!!!!

SharkHunter said:

Oh boy, someone is in a mood. Who cares who's the best or the worst. We all learn from each other. I believe this is the first time since I joined a few moths ago that I have personally seen someone flip out on someone personally when it comes to this hobby. Some people might take Mike the wrong way but he just says it like it is and I bet the ranch he's that way in person because he's probably that way with himself. In my opinion he probably is one of the guys that are in the upper percentile here. On the other hand he is also very helpful to other people who ask him questions. He is not secretive about his techniques. What I read from his assessment of the SEF coil was pretty much what I have been reading from all the other people who have been using them. They definitely turn up the heat a few notches when using one. Their a potent addition to anyone's MD arsenal.

Some of us might not like the Excal's popularity but their is a reason for it. It is an excellent MD and from what Mike & other MD posts here are telling me that it is "The One" & that is why I will be buying one shortly. Some of the other MD might have their little niche but the Excal has the whole package. The finds are there to prove it.

Well Max, you are correct...you DON'T know about Friday night, and that's what I was talking about...Friday night, not Saturday day. And between the jetty and the pier, where I was, there was nothing. Except at that cut down around 4th street for 2 blocks. There I had plenty of hits, as can be seen from my post. As for the rest of the beach, it was bleak. Anthony can attest to that as well...he said there were VERY few targets. He traversed a few blocks to get to me and hadn't had one yet until I let him hear a penny I had just ID'd in the hard pack wet sand. So the statement that there were "targets everywhere" was not true at that time. Now after another tide cycle, a lot more wind and surf, and another 12 hours, sure...I'll bet there were a lot more targets. As you well know, the target landscape can and does change from tide to tide. What is here today is gone tomorrow and vice versa.

But all that is a moot point. Let's not lose sight of the real issue here. My character was attacked...plain and simple. And I take it personal. So please don't tell me to take a valium. I don't need a valium. What I need is for somebody who likes to "drop bombs" and then run away to understand that's not going to work with me.

Maybe a little pictorial would help:

Here's me, enjoying my hobby: :detecting: Then along comes the blowhard: :ranting: And then here's me: :sad: And after I think about it a little bit? :veryangry: And ultimately: :biteme:

Maybe a little pictorial would help:

Here's me, enjoying my hobby: :detecting: Then along comes the blowhard: :ranting: And then here's me: :sad: And after I think about it a little bit? :veryangry: And ultimately: :biteme:

:lmfao:

Well thank you King (can I call you King???) :) for the vote of confidence or the benefit of the doubt or whatever.

All I do is hunt and post and talk tech and try to share some comraderie with my fellow detectorists. Unfortunately, many folks these days don't like people posting finds, talking about where they hunt, how they hunt, etc. They feel it takes away from their booty-take. It didn't used to be that way. When I started detecting there were still many who shared their knowledge freely and didn't worry about somebody else finding something that they could have found, or being jealous of somebody they percieve as more successful than they are. Or who enjoys detecting more than they do, even when they DON'T rake in the bling sometimes. Some have lost the spirit of the hobby, if they ever had it. Sometimes I feel like I'm starting to.

Well thank you King (can I call you King???) :) for the vote of confidence or the benefit of the doubt or whatever.

All I do is hunt and post and talk tech and try to share some comraderie with my fellow detectorists. Unfortunately, many folks these days don't like people posting finds, talking about where they hunt, how they hunt, etc. They feel it takes away from their booty-take. It didn't used to be that way. When I started detecting there were still many who shared their knowledge freely and didn't worry about somebody else finding something that they could have found, or being jealous of somebody they percieve as more successful than they are. Or who enjoys detecting more than they do, even when they DON'T rake in the bling sometimes. Some have lost the spirit of the hobby, if they ever had it. Sometimes I feel like I'm starting to.

King is fine. Don't ever lose the spirit because once you do you lose the love and excitement of it all. We remember when we first met our wives. Now we (includes me too) could making love to them and we're telling them how excited we are about the new SEF coils,heehee. Something does get lost in the process ...