Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Not bad for a hunted out ball park

JimmyCT

Over the last few weeks, I have been hunting (on weekends - to-date 7 visits) at a small ballpark. Someone had mentioned that it was "cleaned out" and to not waste my time there...... Anytime I have ever heard those words, it makes me hunt (whatever property I am hunting at that time) to "prove" to myself if this is true. Every time I have done this, I have found very nice coins. To sum this all up nice and tidy,(and as a public service announcement) please do not ever listen to anyone that mentions those words. Find out for yourself before packing up your equipment and leaving. This photo is silver-clad proof it wasn't hunted out. I hope this post encourages you to go back to that certain property and give it a good search before writing it off. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• silver collection - Copy.jpg
    silver collection - Copy.jpg
    534.8 KB · Views: 155
Over the last few weeks, I have been hunting (on weekends - to-date 7 visits) at a small ballpark. Someone had mentioned that it was "cleaned out" and to not waste my time there...... Anytime I have ever heard those words, it makes me hunt (whatever property I am hunting at that time) to "prove" to myself if this is true. Every time I have done this, I have found very nice coins. To sum this all up nice and tidy,(and as a public service announcement) please do not ever listen to anyone that mentions those words. Find out for yourself before packing up your equipment and leaving. This photo is silver-clad proof it wasn't hunted out. I hope this post encourages you to go back to that certain property and give it a good search before writing it off. Thanks for looking.

Well done Bro!!!!! Your skills with that NOX are second to none!!!!! I'm sure if you hang around there a little longer you will add more to 2020s total silvers :) I haven't found a silver since I quit water hunting but do enjoy seeing you find these as it just makes me want to get out there and dig some pay dirt :) Not a bad haul for chipmunk will a full mouth already lol. :)

Mike K

Great advice Jim!!!
As the old saying goes, “ no site is hunted out”, and you have proved that quite a few times at different sites.
Not only have you proved these oeople wrong, you have also found some exceptional coins that were overlooked!!
Just takes persistence and patience.... and of course some luck!!
Those easy finds are mostly gone now, although the Equinox has seemed make my finds pretty easy to hear... amazing detector and you are very good with it too at squeezing those elusive finds out of the ground!!

Thank you for your kind words Felix.
I have some catching up to do though 🤣

Great advice Jim!!!
As the old saying goes, “ no site is hunted out”, and you have proved that quite a few times at different sites.
Not only have you proved these oeople wrong, you have also found some exceptional coins that were overlooked!!
Just takes persistence and patience.... and of course some luck!!
Those easy finds are mostly gone now, although the Equinox has seemed make my finds pretty easy to hear... amazing detector and you are very good with it too at squeezing those elusive finds out of the ground!!

You had a killer day. Are the rings The Real McCoy or costume

Great hunt! if you slow down lower the recovery speed and crank up sensitivity it will amaze you sometimes A well hunted park by me gave up lots of silver with my nox I was blown away how well it worked there its now my only detector I use.
keep going back to that park!
Mark

Thanks Mark however I have always run with settings you mention. I advocate for using slow scanning,(As in BBS / FBS) run slow(er) recovery (recovery of 4 works optimally for me) and I run 23 or higher in sensitivity.

Great hunt! if you slow down lower the recovery speed and crank up sensitivity it will amaze you sometimes A well hunted park by me gave up lots of silver with my nox I was blown away how well it worked there its now my only detector I use.
keep going back to that park!
Mark

Thanks Mark however I have always run with settings you mention. I advocate for using slow scanning,(As in BBS / FBS) run slow(er) recovery (recovery of 4 works optimally for me) and I run 23 or higher in sensitivity.
👍🏻

I run recovery 2 on my 600...We are pretty close setting wise.

I enjoy having some one tell me that a property is worked out. I guess i decide "I will show you". City Park and an adjacent abandoned national guard armory gave up. a total of 14 silver coins. I did not have the heart to tell the gentleman who told me that he had dug every coin out of those two properties what those properties had given up.

Since I have learned my 800 I have came to the conclusion not to follow anyone that has an Equinox 600 or 800.
No site is ever hunted out. with every detector out there you can miss a target by an inch and also by the angle the coil passes over the target.
we nor our detectors are perfect.
Doug.

Ok.. Earthlypotluck...you've been getting WAY too lucky..... !! I'm booking a flight now,,... so I can walk behind you and pick-up your left-overs...! 😉

Ok.. Earthlypotluck...you've been getting WAY too lucky..... !! I'm booking a flight now,,... so I can walk behind you and pick-up your left-overs...! 😉

I have to admit, there is some luck involved in making some finds, but to do it consistently is more than simply luck.
Knowing you detector, setting it up right for you location, research, persistence, and patience all play a part in making great finds on a regular basis.
Jim has found many more items that he has not posted, but I have seen his finds.
He was telling me how awesome this detector was long before I got one and found out for myself how good it is if used properly.
Trust me when I tell you this.. you do not want to hunt behind him or you are just going to do a lot of walking around.
No offense meant, and I'm sure you were kidding around, but that just how competent he is with the Equinox.