Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Not happy about the Cortes or Outlaw...

Do you have any direct TV dishes near by? you absolutely cannot get a Tesoro detector to work by or near one it goes bonkers !

They are coming from a single dealer, and the boxes were factory sealed except the Deleon that was a showroom demo that I got at a wholesale price. Already tried holding the detector in the air and seeing if that would fix the problem. I am 99% positive that it is the 12x10 coil on the outlaw, the dealer got his detectors direct from Tesoro because the box had compadre serial numbers and the boxes came from Nathan lol.

fltacoma said:
...Already tried holding the detector in the air and seeing if that would fix the problem. I am 99% positive that it is the 12x10 coil on the outlaw....

I'm curious... have you taken the detectors completely away from buildings and electrical stuff (power lines, etc.), and have cell phones turned off..? Just asking; trying to help here..... :blink:

I have not done that yet.

I am pretty sure that there is one that sits by the front door because of the warm air leaving the house lol. That must be it!

fltacoma said:
The Cortes came back with a switch replacement, and there was nothing wrong with the Deleon according to Rusty. I haven't went out with the Cortes yet (haven't had time) and an thinking about selling it possibly. the Deleon I might sell as well...I am thinking about selling those to fund my coin collecting hobby (I collect Bust Half Dollars from 1807-1836)

-Daniel

Those are really fun to collect. I used to have a fairly large collection back in the 70's. When you could pick up ones in EF condition for $20-30. A friend wanted my collection pretty bad, to fund another hobby, sold them off. Had I waited another 5 years, those $20-30 coins were then fetching $75-150 each.
Have fun

I would love it if those prices were today. From about 1827 back, they usually run at least $250 in PCGS graded XF-45 (which is the grade I collect). I have my eyes set on an 1814/3 in XF-45, and im prepared to shell out over $1100 for one :)

What makes collecting Bust halves fun is the many variations of certain coin dates

That's right sven! I am going for the "Redbook variety". The main varities (450+) are as you know, from the Overton book.